HGV (HEAVY GOODS VEHICLE) DRIVER
Posted 3 months ago
Our client, a logistics organization is looking to recruit and fill a Position of HGV (HEAVY GOODS VEHICLE) DRIVER
Safe, efficient transportation and delivery of finished goods / raw materials to various customers in different destinations, using a commercial motor vehicle and meeting company, client, customer and legislative requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure safe vehicle turn-around time/transit time to various destinations are met as per the site delivery schedules and through journey plan.
- Adhere to all site’s Health and safety rules and regulations and those of our clients.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Ensure that the vehicle in use is in good condition for delivery and any anomaly is reported in good time for corrective measure.
- Ensure you are familiar with the standard operating procedures for loading and offloading at the distribution Centre you have been assigned and to each distributor/customer you deliver to. This includes ensuring all documentation related to delivery and from delivery are dully filled and signed where necessary and returned to the appropriate offices.
- Timely reporting of all potential risks, near misses, breakdowns and accidents to your immediate supervisors.
- Caution and safety on the road are to be exercised at all times and adhere to the working time directive.
Any other requirements
- Focused on identifying and meeting customer needs. Ability to work in a physically demanding environment
- Deliver on time, respect the customer and feedback to management on customer needs.
Specific skills and competency
- working knowledge of motor vehicle systems, maintenance, and repairs.
- Flexibility in operational schedules and ability to deliver under stressful/pressure situations.
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
- Knowledge of customs requirements
- Take personal initiative on effective delivery of results
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, adaptability to different situations and a team player.
Qualifications and Experience
- O level school certificate
- Valid HGV Artic Trailer License
- Prior Driving experience
- Certificate in Mechanics – Desirable
- Minimum 3 years driving experience
- Team Player
- Flexibility to work shift patterns and odd days
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment