National Sales Manager
1 year ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Reports to: General Manager
Our client operating in the FMCG industry is seeking to recruit a National Sales Manager to join their team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is responsible for getting results through total Sales organization management, collaboration both internally across all functions and externally with customers, building Capability, leading the Sales team, and playing a key leadership role within the business. These role act as the voice of the customer at the most senior levels in the market. It involves overall functional strategy (trade strategy), change and commercial capability development. It has P&L accountability for the total business Sales function
- Own trade strategy development and implementation. Lead trade strategy formulation and implementation with cross functional teams whilst taking cognizance of market realities and overall business strategic intents.
- Develop and leverage right sales organizational structure, systems and processes that support business strategy and revenue objectives. Ensuring all parts of the organization work together and delivering results as part of cross functional teams
- P&L accountability and direct customer management at a senior level typically within both general trade and modern trade.
- Lead the total sales function and provide wider leadership across all functions within the market. Have best fit sales force and support capability framework to ensure effectiveness of sales efforts. Ensure the right functional and leadership capability interventions to optimize sales revenues.
- Own demand planning data for entire market to achieve the sales objectives, proper product mix right inventory and achieve business revenue objectives
- New business development. Entering new markets and generating innovative ideas to capitalize on new opportunities. Manage sales and cross functional teams to Increase sales coverage area, strengthen presence locally and regionally.
- Ensure frequent business reviews across the organization and aggregation of the same for continuous improvement of business metrics.
- Work closely with other departments and cross functional teams to review progress, resolve issues and ensure high level of customer satisfaction during sales engagement
- Own the implementation and review of pricing policy to ensure business competitiveness and profitability
- Optimization of investment in trade promotional activities focused on more for more principle on initiatives such as rebates, discounts, merchandising fees, advertising allowances etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A graduate from recognized university with a degree in a business-related field.
- 10-15 years’ experience in fast moving consumer goods in Kenya, with hand on experience in at least 30 Counties.
- Proven managerial and leadership skills, reporting, experience & social + Professional Network.
- Works and manages well under pressure; flexible and adaptable
- Aggressive, Resourceful, Hard-working, and energetic.
- A clean driving license is essential.
- Availability of product(s) in all listed outlets – no stock outs
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strategic Thinker
- Good Planner
- Good Negotiator
- Good Communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercial Acumen