Site Reliability Engineer
1 year ago
Industry: Computer and information technology
Role: Information technology
Salary Range: Confidential
Our Client is a young, agile, and dynamic B2B service provider for many large reputable companies within the technology, betting, and gaming industries. The company has a fast-paced multinational culture and a fantastic opportunity for stepping up in your career and becoming an instrumental part of the team.
- Working across several business areas providing development, maintenance, and support
- Work on projects that directly impact key business metrics
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Lead sustainable incident response, blameless postmortems, and production improvements that result in direct business opportunities for Organization.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Guide other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission-critical services, building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions.
- Able to work in shifts
- Meet frequently in standups and grooming sessions with your engineers and product team
- A working understanding of software engineering principles
- Help identify probable causes and provide immediate solutions during an incident
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex, real-world engineering problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures.
- 3-5 years of experience in computing, distributed systems, storage, or networking.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures and/or Unix/Linux systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls) and administration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement