Shift Supervisor- Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
Posted 3 months ago
Reports to: Production Superintendent
Location: Wote in Makueni
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Shift Supervisor. Successful candidate will be responsible for Planning, leading and manage the daily shift operational activities of the plant and assigned team in order to ensure the set contractual quality, financial, cost and time targets.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Organize the shift staffing on a daily basis, considering team members leave and vacations.
- Preparation and inspection of raw material materials and packaging material, ensuring that all they are ready for use and correcting and checking any inventory anomalies.
- Prepare product batch in accordance with written instructions/procedures.
- Generation of work orders and Product costing
- Follow all SOP (Standard Operating procedure) in area of operation
- Ensure a safe operation of the production in his area, in line with Quality and EHS standards (e.g. guarantees that personal protective equipment is available and used), reporting any deviations from process or safety standards.
- Report Near miss, EHS Concerns or Incident as per defined timeline.
- Maintain and promote housekeeping in area of operation
- Focus on continual improvement process to identify bottle neck and initiate appropriate actions.
- Report repair, breakdowns and downtimes to the Production superintendent for immediate action.
- Coach Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSC /Diploma in Production Engineering
- Fluent knowledge of English
- 3-4 years practical work experience preferably in vegetable oil extraction plant.
- project management
- Quality control and assurance
- Commissioning - Start Up: Commissioning and start-up, Decommissioning
- HSEQ General (Generic)
- Well verse with Corrective and Preventive actions.
- Knowledgeable in Kaizen, lean manufacturing and six sigma
- Specialist Knowledge: Engineering knowledge in the specialist activity
- Process Implementation & Improvement:
- Organization Processes: Internal Standard, Site Management
- Supports and technologies: Standard ISO, TQM and Quality system, Technical requirement and Standard.
- Strong computer skills are imperative
- Demonstrate accountability on sense of ownership, resource optimization and analytical skills.
- Problem Solving; Flexibility; Planning target control; Decision Making; Spirit of Enterprise; Communication; Listening and reception; Relations management; Staff management and development
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org orFlexi Personnel ATS latest by 30th June 2022. Indicate Shift Supervisor on the email subject for easier retrieval and placement.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement