Posted 3 months ago
REPORTS TO: Group FINANCE MANAGER
Our client, iPay, is an award-winning, reliable, and secure real-time end-to-end payment processing and billing service provider, that supports instant payments both online and in-store as well as offer customized payment solutions for all businesses to accept digital payments. Our client is looking to fill the position of a Chief Accountant.
To oversee the accounting department, developing financial strategies, making investment decisions, helping company leadership with strategic planning, and making sure the company complies with financial regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform financial analysis and generate reports for management review as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Evaluate computerized accounting systems and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements.
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend to the management effective resolutions.
- Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to the management.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
- Ensures the credibility of the accounts of the company in accordance with the standards determined by management.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Ensure tax returns are filed on a timely basis
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or relevant field
- Must possess a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license in good standing
- Minimum 3 years' experience in management
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a CPA in a corporate setting
- Extensive corporate and personal tax experience
- Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Expertise working with QuickBooks and XERO
- Well-conversant with IFRS financial statements
- Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details
- Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Outstanding phone and email etiquette
- Able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to motivate the team and lead by example
- Proper branch management and protocols
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ethical, Honest and Transparent
- Awareness of the commercial trends and developments within the industry.
- A demonstrable problem solver.
- Able to identify, mentor and grow the leadership potential of members in your team(s)
- Able to work well with other team members across cultures.
- Time management-must adhere to strict deadlines for reporting, filing and auditing financial reports.