Risk and Compliance Manager E.A
1 year ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world. The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities. Our client is looking to fill the position of a Risk and Compliance Manager E.A
The Risk and Compliance Manager – E.A is responsible for managing and executing the risk and compliance framework and strategy to ensure compliance as required by the organization, and statutory and government regulations and mitigate risk for the client’s Retail function at a regional level by developing a risk-based culture in line with the organization’s values and Code of Conduct, where risk management should be a normal part of the daily business.
The role is also responsible for ensuring that policies and procedures which protect people, profit, assets and reputation of the client’s Retail function are strictly implemented within the region in compliance with all relevant local laws and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Develop, apply and manage the region emergency response process and crisis management strategy, including the ongoing monitoring of threats and risks that may impact the business
- Provide recommendations and solutions in crisis situations such as workplace violence, protests, demonstrations, civil war, etc. and manages the situation locally
- Plan, develop and implement a risk and compliance program to reduce loss of the organization’s assets including merchandise, cash, property, associate safety and the mitigation of risk
- Ensure the implementation of all related training and certification as per each country’s requirements.
- Develop, lead implementation, and manage risk and threat assessments, impact analyses, and identify and implement preventative measures to avoid situations with business-critical impacts
- Track and monitor agreed compliance actions to be completed by each country
- Promote a positive risk and compliance culture across the region through training, broadcast emails and country Enterprise Risk Management Committee program
Coordination and Compliance
- Ensure regular collaboration and coordination with the Corporate Head Office to develop and implement region-specific risk and compliance policies and procedures
- Monitor regulatory changes in the region and inform relevant stakeholders
- Continuous monitoring for the threats and risks that may impact the business continuity or organization’s Retail reputation, reporting such threats to senior management with recommended actions
- Ensure all external/internal investigations and decisions comply with applicable laws, company policy, and industry leading practices to reduce company exposures to civil litigation
- Ensure that investigations on cases such as employee theft, breach of ethics, corruption and violations of the organization’s policies, procedures and code of conduct, ensuring that proper evidence is acquired, preserved, corroborated and documented, including informational and/or investigative interviews to obtain statements to confirm facts and support investigative findings are done properly.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with regulatory bodies, local law enforcement agencies and/or members of the retail risk and compliance community
- Communicate risk and compliance gaps or emerging threats to Vice President Risk and Compliance as well as senior and executive regional management by identifying potential compliance, operational, financial, or reputational exposures and impacts with recommended remediation and communication plans for issue resolution.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Ensure implementation of the performance management process.
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles.
- Identify training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements.
- Oversee the develop and implementation of on the job-training.
- Ensure constant availability of the required competent staff to support the organization in meeting all its responsibilities, plans, and objectives.
- Provide inputs while developing organization’s Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures and monitor the implementation.
QUALIFICATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in legal, Security management, military, Law Enforcement or closely related field (or an experience that has given similar qualifications).
- Experience of working in an international environment, preferably in a high-risk environment.
- Risk and Compliance Certification, Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified ISO 31000 Risk Management are preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Good business communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management.
- Ability to perform under pressure and respond rapidly to emerging incidents and situations.
- Ability to identify, extract, and analyze voluminous of information.
- Analytical and decision-making abilities.
- 10+ years in a similar position, with at least 2 years in the retail industry.