ICT Officer - Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
Posted 4 months ago
Role: Information technology
Reports to: HR and General Services Coordinator.
Location: Wote in Makueni
Our client in Vegetable Oil Extraction, is seeking to recruit an ICT Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the overall technology infrastructure for the Organization including planning, implementation, and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations, liaising as relevant with technology service providers.
- Configure hardware and software, set up peripherals such as printers or routers, repair equipment, and provide support for computer network users
- Support users on computer software or hardware infrastructure issues, as requested through telephone and e-mail communication
- Create, configure and load development, test and production databases
- Support database migration and cleaning activities
- Manage access controls for test and production data base
- Monitor production database performance and tune databases to optimize performance
- Perform database maintenance, backup and recovery tasks
- Respond to production database failures and resolve discrepancies
- Maintain/fix codes that breaks in in-house applications
- Implement database changes
- Write reports, track inventory, evaluate new technologies and develop contingency plans to mitigate software failures.
- Support development and implementation of new computer software projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Good understanding of SQL and general relational database management technologies
- At least 3 years’ work experience in ICT or a related field is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Organizational database technologies (SQL Server management, SQL Queries, MS Access, MYSQL and other database technologies)
- Good grasp of application development technologies in use in Organization today such as HTML, C#, ASP, .NET, Visual Basic.NET, and other appropriate tools in a Microsoft environment
- Knowledge and skills in SYSPRO ERP will be an added advantage
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Software SQL Database Management
- High level of integrity
- Organizational and Communication Skills
- Self-driven and attention to detail
- Mental resilience
- Establishing rapport