ICT Assistant - Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
1 year ago
Role: Information technology
Salary Range: Confidential
Reports to: ICT Officer
Location: Wote in Makueni
Our client in Vegetable Oil Extraction, is seeking to recruit an ICT Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the overall technology infrastructure for the Organization including planning, implementation, and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations, liaising as relevant with technology service providers.
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Conducting server builds
- Participating in preparation of specifications for various telecommunication equipment and systems
- Monitoring operating system software and servers
- Participating in the implementation of the computer systems
- Providing user support, including training users; and
- Performing technical, systems and user documentation tasks
- Test and evaluate all new technology e.g., database systems
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise on changes or improvements required Help install and support of all ICT hardware and software; and
- Any other task as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Information Communication Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Technology, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 years of proven work experience in IT or technical functions.
- Good understanding of SQL and general relational database management technologies
- Demonstrated a high level of professional competence and outstanding management qualities in computerized information systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- Knowledge and skills in SYSPRO ERP will be an added advantage
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- High level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-driven and attention to detail
- Mental resilience
- Establishing rapport