Receiving clerk- Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
Posted 4 months ago
Reports to: Logistic SPT
Location: Wote in Makueni
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Receiving clerk. Successful candidate will be responsible for handling all Raw Materials/Production inputs Stores operation like receiving, storing and issuing Raw Materials. Maintaining records of all transactions in stores. Proper handling and Storage of materials & other Guidelines.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Receiving and coordinating the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of raw materials in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment at all times.
- Checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type, and also acceptable quality.
- Ensure all the property and equipment you use is maintained and not recklessly damaged.
- Continuously monitor and schedule work to crews
- Ensure that all relevant procedures, SOPs and routines are followed and adhered to in line with company policy.
- Personally, make health and safety a priority ensuring you comply with all health, safety instructions, comply with the policies, procedures of the Company and Work in a safe and orderly manner.
- Any other tasks as required by your supervisor
- There must be an ability to respond to production demands ensuring the supply of raw materials to the production facilities is both accurate and on time.
- Communicate with your Department Supervisor frequently during your shift to ensure the requirements of the production plan are met.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Store keeping, Procurement and Supplies or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience - Must have worked in a busy environment
- Good computer skills (working knowledge of ERP preferred.
- Knowledge of basic stock taking procedures
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses (preferred)
- Proficiency in SAP, MRP 3 years progressive experience in a manufacturing and warehousing environment.
- Must be organized and punctual.
- Well-presented and professional.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving; Flexibility; Planning target control; Decision Making; Spirit of Enterprise; Communication; Listening and reception; Relations management; Staff management and development