Reports to: Production Superintendent
Location: Wote in Makueni
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Quality Assurance in charge.
Successful candidate will be responsible for;
Ensure general compliance with all relevant procedures and systems relative to the agri-hub operations.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
-Coordinates laboratory performance testing using samples provided by commercial agencies.
-Oversee collection of samples, analysis of product to determine quality compliance before they are received and stored.
-Responsible for ensuring that products meet the established standards of quality set by the company.
-Prepares reports, compiles and maintains records on product quality status, and all tests and inspections that have been conducted.
-Perform testing in accordance with Standard General’s Quality Control System
-Composes, reviews and follows up on external communications with the external laboratory service provider.
-Provide recommendations on procedures, standards and equipment to maintain product quality of the product.
-Ensure correct quality process is followed and ensure training given quickly where necessary.
-Conduct monthly inventory of chemicals, reagents, solutions, and other supplies and equipment essential to laboratory operation.
-Clean, sterilize, calibrate and maintain equipment and apparatus used in all tests and analysis.
-Assist the Production Supervisor with hands on operational activities when needed, ensuring production requirements are met.
-Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures
-Analysis of test data and corrective action to prevent non-conforming products.
-Help in documentation and Data Control.
-Ensure Care and Maintenance of testing equipment including calibration.
-In charge of the factory permits, compliance and certification.
- Ensure general compliance with all procedures and systems related to general Agri-hub operations.
-In charge of the audit management.
-Any other duties that may be assigned his/her manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSC /Diploma In Analytical Chemistry, process/chemical engineering or any other relevant field. Fluent knowledge of English
-3-5 yrs. experience as QA preferably in vegetable oil extraction plant.
- knowledge in laboratory techniques, equipment, terminology, and procedures.
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses (preferred)
-Quality control and assurance
- Commissioning - Start Up: Commissioning and start-up, Decommissioning
- Maintenance Operations: Mechanical Maintenance, Instrumentation Maintenance, Electrical Maintenance, Troubleshooting techniques knowledge.
- HSEQ General (Generic)
-Process Implementation & Improvement:
- Organization Processes: Internal Standard, Site Management
- Supports and technologies: Standard ISO, TQM and Quality system, Technical requirement and Standard
- Compliance: Local/National and International Standard and Codes, Health, Safety, Environment, Quality
-Strong computer skills are imperative
-Demonstrate accountability on sense of ownership, resource optimization and analytical skills.