Procurement Clerk- Vegetable Oil Extraction Plant
1 year ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Reports to: Logistic Superintendent
Location: Wote in Makueni
Our client in vegetable oil extraction, is seeking to recruit a Procurement Clerk. Successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and identify purchasing needs Track orders and ensure timely delivery and update internal databases with order details.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Notify appropriate department of the placement of orders.
- Ensure inventory is stocked and purchase order can be fulfilled.
- Prepare the invitation-to-bid forms and distribute.
- Compare prices and expected delivery dates proposed by suppliers.
- Choose the best bid.
- Compile records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories.
- Determine cause of any delays en-route.
- Match purchase orders with shipment.
- Verify billed amount with goods received.
- Handle invoices and forward to accounting department.
- Monitor inventory control systems.
- Prepare inventory transfer forms.
- Classify priority regulations.
- Handle requests for purchases.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Store keeping, Procurement and Supplies or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience - Must have worked in a busy environment
- Good computer skills (working knowledge of ERP preferred.
- Knowledge of basic stock taking procedures
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses (preferred)
- Proficiency in SAP, MRP 3 years progressive experience in a manufacturing and warehousing environment.
- Must be organized and punctual.
- Well-presented and professional.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving; Flexibility; Planning target control; Decision Making; Spirit of Enterprise; Communication; Listening and reception; Relations management; Staff management and development