Senior Sales Officer – Office Furniture
1 month ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Salary Range: Confidential
Our client, Kenya’s largest furniture retailer with a prominent presence in three major cities; Nairobi, Mombasa and Eldoret is seeking a seasoned Senior Sales Officer to lead sales efforts and broaden their customer portfolio in the realm of office furniture.
Formulate and execute initiatives to enhance furniture sales in current client accounts while also pinpointing and securing new business prospects. Cultivate robust connections with commercial real estate entities, architectural and design communities, and corporate clients. Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer experiences and offer hands-on guidance regarding the latest office design, furniture products, and services. Take charge of guiding and directing sales executives within the office to achieve success.
This comprehensive role covers a wide range of tasks, from design and technical aspects to sales and marketing. The individual in this position needs to be versatile, detail-oriented, and proactive in identifying and capitalizing on sales opportunities.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales and Marketing Strategies
- Develop and implement effective sales and marketing strategies for the office furniture section.
- Provide support to the sales team to convert leads into sales.
- Actively seek new sales opportunities through various channels such as cold calling, networking, and social media platforms.
Site Survey and Design
- Conduct site surveys and produce working drawings and sketches using CAD.
- Create proposals for clients, including detailed floor layouts on CAD for internal use and showroom displays.
Office Furniture Section
- Visually merchandise the office furniture space to ensure all items are effectively displayed.
- Coordinate office furniture photo shoots
- Share with the marketing team, the items to be put on social media.
- Identify and promote new products in the market.
- Stay informed about new office furniture trends and market preferences.
- Manage office furniture inventory, sales, and stocks on a monthly basis.
Documentation and Reports
- Produce tender documentation, detailed drawing packages, quotations, and written specifications.
- Prepare and send required reports, including reports on quotations issued and follow-up reports.
- Offer technical support to the sales team.
- Attend to walk-in customers and respond to email queries.
- Follow up on the delivery of goods sold.
- Create and maintain a business plan for continued growth of market share.
- Develop accurate forecasts and consistently meet/exceed revenue quotas.
- Participate in professional association/group networking activities.
- Perform any other duties as required from time to time.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design preferred.
- Prior 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proven track record of meeting targets.
- Computer skills & Ms Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Highly Analytical
- Great Interpersonal Skills.
- Great negotiation skills.
All applicants are advised to adhere to the application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.