1 month ago
Industry: Manufacturing (Food Processing)
Salary Range: KES 250,000
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
BUDGET: KSHS 250,000
Our client, a young and ambitious agro-processing company with an existing brand presence in Kenya, regional markets, and international markets, is sourcing for a Marketing Officer.
The Marketing Officer will be responsible for the creation and execution of a compelling marketing strategy, innovating below-the-line marketing activities, and introducing above-the-line activities as brand reach is achieved in target markets across modern and general trade. They will engage partners and distributors to ensure excellent execution of marketing activities.
This role offers a unique opportunity to join a company with a significant social impact on the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and communities often excluded from the value chain by conventional business strategies. The role holder will deliver the marketing strategy that elevates reach to secure the company’s brand as a household name across Kenya and the East Africa region.
- Develop, plan, and execute the marketing strategy and budget.
- End-to-end execution accountability: from strategy creation to budget deployment to achievement review.
- Full liaison with NPD managers, including product identification, timeline, forecasting, and launch.
- Determine targets and metrics (OKRs) and progress tracking (KPIs) for marketing and sales functions.
- Inspire, engage, and align the management team on marketing goals and objectives.
- Curate consumer insight generation to ensure brand reach and market penetration.
- Engage all customer-facing functions (promoters, merchandisers, and customer services) to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Identify trends and insights for the digital marketing campaigns and optimize spending on the insights.
- Build a marketing team and consistently grow team capacity.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- A master’s degree in marketing would be a plus.
- Experience as a senior marketing professional with excellent marketing campaign results.
- 5 years of marketing experience, predominantly in strategy execution.
- Must have a minimum of two years with the same organization and demonstrable success as a Senior Marketing professional.
- Ability to foster relationships, motivate, and lead teams to success.
- Experience in the use of SEO, CRM software, and Google Analytics, analyzing insights gathered to drive revenue growth.
- Highly analytical detail and solutions-oriented thinker with excellent project management skills, problem-solving abilities, and strong negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Strong creative capability across communication (presentation, storytelling, innovation) that leverages exceptional customer understanding.
- Proven capacity to utilize a full range of analytics tools and implement diagnostics to improve activities and outcomes.
All applicants are advised to adhere to the application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.