Financial Analyst and Grant Writer
1 month ago
Industry: Manufacturing (Food Processing)
Role: Financial Analysis and Grant Writing
Salary Range: 70,000 KES
Our client, a young and ambitious agro-processing company with existing brand presence in Kenya, regional and international markets is sourcing for a Financial Analyst and Grant Writer.
The Financial Analyst will design and develop robust business solutions using data analytics to deliver timely and relevant management information, analysis, financial modelling and forecasting to inform strategic decision-making across the business, especially financial planning. The postholder will prepare analysis including management accounts to support a variety of business functions and internal stakeholders, directly impacting business growth, and managing investor relations.
This role offers a unique opportunity to join a company with significant social impact on the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and communities often excluded from the value chain by conventional business strategies. The postholder will play a vital role to allow the organization to make well-informed decisions to ensure the business’ future stability, profitability, and growth.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Budgeting, Reporting and Analysis
- Review monthly and quarterly data, comparing budget/targets versus actual results and identify areas of improvement.
- Identify key impact areas and objectives for financial analysis and employ the same to deliver budgets and dynamic forecasts.
- Project lead on all financial reporting and accounting operations initiatives such as working capital analysis, impairment testing, project appraisals, integration of new products and activities.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems (both financial and non-financial) to inform and respond to management and investor needs.
- Deliver budgetary control and analysis to the General Manager
- Analyse efficiencies and cost saving opportunities.
- Monitor operational costs for zero variances and support accuracy in dynamic forecasts and reporting KPIs.
- Assist budget owners with queries and concerns.
- Lead the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Manage Capital expenditures.
Financial Modelling and Forecasting
- Develop financial models through benchmarking and process analysis.
- Coordinate with the executive team on long term financial planning
- Explore investment options, present risks, and opportunities, deliver finance strategy.
- to ensure financial planning is healthy and aligns with business objectives.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of donor partners and grants.
- Responsible for identifying, planning, writing, preparing and presenting grant proposals, supporting information (including data and technical information) and accompanying materials (budgets, timelines) and complete required follow-through and stewardship of a comprehensive grants programme.
- Manage proposal development and submissions processes, delivering compelling documents that meet the strategic direction and funding needs of the company whilst aligning specific donor requirements.
- Meet all ongoing reporting requirements of donor partners.
- End to end execution accountability.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or business.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in financial management and donor management.
- General working knowledge of cost accounting and activity-based costing principles.
- Excellent working knowledge of business intelligence (BI) tools, including advanced Office suite skills.
- Self-starter with an excellent ability to prioritise workflow and operate effectively with competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- High-level conceptual and analytical aptitude and proven skills in analysing and interpreting data, including financial statements.
- Minimum of two years with the same organisation and demonstrable success in
- Ability to foster relationships, motivate and lead teams to success.
- Exemplary communications skills, including presentation of financial information to non-financial users.
- Ability to conceptualise and communicate innovation and use persuasive techniques leveraging knowledge of grantor interests and objectives.
- Highly analytical detail and solutions-oriented thinker with excellent project management skills, problem solving abilities and strong negotiation/persuasion skills.
All applicants are advised to adhere to the application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.