Salary Range: Confidential
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Our client in oil industry, is seeking to recruit a Control Room Operator. They will be responsible for operating the plant and maintain system parameters to ensure product quality is maintained and ensure zero undetectable deviation.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Under minimal supervision, monitors electrical transmission and distribution system as well as the entire Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)system for proper oil extraction operation.
- Follow standard operating procedures for safe start up and shutdown of oil extraction plant.
- Ensure pre-start up, start up, operational and shut down checklists are completed before plant operations commence
- Utilize SCADA data to co-ordinate field fault diagnostics and manual operations.
- Ensure cleanliness of the working area
-Answers emergency trouble calls and other types of after-hours phone-calls and determines appropriate actions.
- Recalls on–call maintenance team to facilitate repairs on emergency trouble calls occurring outside of normal working hours, weekends, or holidays
-Maintains various operational records and logs and produces operational reports.
-Oversees the flow of information and reports, coordinates actions when necessary, and ensures response plans are followed during emergencies and natural disasters.
-Interfaces closely with the operations In-charge and maintenance to ensure key operational matters are performed, communicated and documented.
-Monitors and oversees the primary electrical system, using SCADA, receives system alarms to locates trouble areas.
-Maintains a log of operations to reflect any/all system concerns, and operational actions taken.
-Identifies SCADA operational malfunctions, request corrective actions, and reports uncorrected malfunctions.
-Follows standard procedures and switching orders in accordance with standard operating and safe switching practices.
-Ensure smooth transition of position during shift operations.
-Using drawings, traces and determines facilities affected by outages, and then notifies the shift in-charge.
-Complies with all HSE safety regulations and adheres to proper codes and standards with a thorough understanding of safety procedures related to Electrical Systems.
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or mechatronics engineering Preferred or equivalent experience and minimum 3 years related work experience
- Commissioning - Start Up: Commissioning and start-up, Decommissioning
- Land Transportation Mgmt.: Land Transportation Management
- HSEQ General (Generic)
- Organization Processes: Internal Standard, Site Management
- Supports and technologies: Standard ISO, TQM and Quality system, technical requirement and Standard
- Compliance: Local/National and International Standard and Codes, Health, Safety, Environment, Quality
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs and PFDs