Quality Assurance Manager - Egypt
3 weeks ago
Role: Quality Assurance
Salary Range: EGP 60,000
REPORTING TO: Director of Product Supply, Africa
LOCATION: CAIRO, EGYPT
Our client, Kontoor Brands, Inc. (KTB), is a global lifestyle apparel company with a portfolio of some of the world’s most iconic denim brands: Wrangler®, Lee® and Rock & Republic®. They design, manufacture, and distribute superior, high-quality products that look good, fit right, and are crafted with sensitivity to our planet to give people around the world the freedom and confidence to express themselves.
They are looking to hire a competent Quality Assurance Manager in Egypt.
The main purpose of this position is to oversee all QA operations and team management to ensure the shipped product conforms to LeeWrangler quality requirements, ensure timely execution, and also plan & implement business strategic methods.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure all QA personnel are qualified to conduct inspections of KTB products.
- Monitor the entire QA/Garment Specialist/Washing Tech performance.
- To provide quality decisions & guidelines to all QA/Garment Specialist/Washing Tech personnel.
- To assure QC of vendor and suppliers are well trained and qualified to conduct inspection of KTB products by providing QA training and certification.
- Close monitoring to ensure the team follow the control SOP for proto samples, Salesman samples, Approval samples and Pre-production samples are obtained on time and meet all specifications.
- Close monitoring with the production & merchandising teams to ensure production is scheduled as planned through close contact with vendors.
- Monitor and provide advice to QA & Garment Specialist Teams on quality & sewing construction-related matters to ensure quality meets specifications and that there is no quality claim.
- Guide the QA team to ensure all vendors follow the KTB Term of Engagement, Vendor Code of Conduct, and other rules and regulations.
- Evaluate new vendors to identify factory quality set-up, technical support, product capability, & production capacity.
- Ensure proper training is provided to educate and certify assigned partnership vendors/supplier’s QC to completely understand KTB Quality requirements.
- Review the QA weekly working schedule to ensure all audits are covered by QA properly.
- Review the Daily Activities Summary Report to ensure the workload of each QA personnel is adequate.
- Review the monthly inspection summary report for analyzing the performance of QA and vendors/suppliers.
- Accompany visitors from the US Office to factories and work with them in the local office as required to ensure trip objectives are met.
- Provide input to the CM/Director as required for the annual budget.
- Set up and execute some strategic actions (e.g. a factory-assigned QC project) to push makers toward quality improvement.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of the direct reports. Re-train or replace the non-performers. Spend more time to establish & train a stronger 2nd tier team.
- Work closely with other departments to achieve both quality and delivery targets.
Major challenges for this role:
- Provide advice and suggest technical solutions to vendors on new product development and conduct production risk analysis with the merchandising team.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality Management, Quality Assurance or a business-related field.
- Experience in Denim Consumption and construction management as well as denim finishes.
- Strong knowledge of denim fabric and its behavior and excellent denim wet and dry processing knowledge.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience with a minimum of 6 years in a supervisory role.
- Must be an Egyptian national residing in Egypt.
- Strong technical knowledge, including Denim Products, Quality and Consumption
- Able to work independently and act proactively.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal functions and the vendor’s laundry team.
- Confident with a “can do” attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical mind and problem-solving skills.
SPECIFIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequency of Travel: 75%
- External communication required: 50%
All applicants are advised to adhere to the application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.