1 month ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Branch Manager
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Our client, Kenya’s largest furniture retailer with a prominent presence in three major cities; Nairobi, Mombasa and Eldoret, is looking for a Branch Manager to be the key driver of success and accountable for the entire spectrum of branch operations.
The individual’s primary responsibilities will include overseeing branch revenue and budget, managing expenses, and monitoring daily operations to ensure optimal sales and profitability. The role demands a commitment to maintaining exceptional levels of customer service, effective staff management, comprehensive training programs, meticulous control of stocks, strategic store merchandising, and streamlined administrative processes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales Budgets & Profitability:
- Ensure sales budgets for employees and the branch are consistently achieved and measured.
- Monitor daily sales team activities and branch costs.
- Decrease costs, reduce wastage, and report on variances.
Managing & Leading People:
- Identify talent within and grow them for succession planning.
- Handle matters on staff attendance, performance, welfare, training, and disciplinary matters.
- Ensure staff motivation, grooming, and safety.
- Ensure showroom displays are stocked, attractive, and well-accessorized.
- Monitor proper tagging of items and propose new product ideas.
Compliance- Policies & Processes & Reports:
- Monitor front desk operations and facilities.
- Compile and send accurate reports to management.
- Ensure compliance with permits, licenses, and policies.
Stock Take & Pricing:
- Conduct monthly stock take exercises and report variances.
- Requisition stock requirements from the warehouse.
- Ensure correct price tickets and price change updates.
- Maintain high customer service standards.
- Handle customer complaints and encourage professional client interactions.
- Promote product knowledge and enhance the shopping experience.
- Or any other task assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience of 2 to 4 years in retail management or a related industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business, or a related field.
- Track record of driving sales and operational efficiency.
- Team management experience.
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, and adaptable.
- Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases.
- Awareness of the commercial trends and developments within the industry
- Must have superb interpersonal and organizational skills with proven ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse team effectively.
- Possess a strategic mindset with the ability to conceptualize and implement organizational goals.
- Proficient in assigning tasks and responsibilities to achieve objectives efficiently.
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Good with figures and an analytical acumen
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills with the enthusiasm and drive to significantly contribute to a mission-based organization.