1 month ago
Role: Chef de Sous
Salary Range: USD 500 Net Pay
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE CHEF/GENERAL MANAGER - OPERATIONS
LOCATION: Kampala, Uganda
BUDGET: USD 500 NET PAY
Our client in the hospitality industry is looking to hire a competent Sous Chef.
To assist the Executive Chef/Head Chef with the overall kitchen operation and ensuring maximum guest satisfaction through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the kitchen operation and administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that all food items are prepared as per the standard recipe while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- To ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safely and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- To ensure that the culinary department adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures.
- To frequently verify that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation.
- To ensure that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Responsible for the supervision of all stewards and their activities within the culinary department.
- To ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave planners are administered and filed correctly.
- To ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- To identify the developmental needs of kitchen staff, provide coaching and mentoring, and also help them improve their knowledge or skills.
- To perform any other additional duty as assigned by the management.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- No delays in food production.
- Control wastages in the kitchen.
- No shortage of ingredients in the store.
- Customer feedback.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
- Degree or Diploma in Culinary Science Arts
- Safe Food Handling Certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Preferred candidate nationality: Kenyan.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures for the Indian Section.
- A good understanding of food handling principles
- Well organized and having an eye for detail and creativity.
- Good understanding of Hygiene/ HACCP for Food Production.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.