REPORTING TO: Country CEO
BUDGET: KES 150,000 – 200,000
Our client, a leading poultry producer in Africa’s Southern Hemisphere, are looking to grow their market within the Kenyan space.
As such, they are looking to have a competent and dedicated team to enable them to realize that vision. They are looking to hire a competent SALES MANAGER.
The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the annual sales revenue budget by designing and managing an effective demand creation (marketing) and demand supply (route to market) strategy. The Sales Manager optimizes pricing, channel mix, product mix, and staff costs within mandated levels to maximize EBITDA and has data-based understanding of the market, competitor activity and customer/consumer behavior.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the application and implementation of key commercial activities.
- Directs and controls marketing activations and promotional campaigns across full product suite.
- Develops, optimizes and manages sales team routing.
- Develops, optimize and manages sales team status updates, plans and corrective plans in order to achieve budget.
- Develops and executes volume plans from a channel, brand, pack, and price and executes on discount mandates.
- Ensures Cost Benefit Analysis completion on promotion activity and when appropriate gain Exco Support.
- Drives route to market efficiencies through order generation, account development, merchandising, distribution and training.
- Identifies and manages distributors/re-sellers/wakalas.
- Ensures high level of corporate governance across all sales teams and meeting the highest ethical standards.
- Keeps up to date on all legal/regulatory frameworks that impact on the business operations and develops a plan to integrate these into SOPs.
- Works with the Country CEO in identifying and implementing opportunities to improve structures, processes and people to better serve our customers' needs.
Responsible for achieving Financial KPI’s as set out in the IKE annual budget.
- Responsible for a bottom-up approach to setting & executing the Sales and Marketing annual budgets.
- Responsible for EBITDA growth through sales expansion initiatives and cost efficiency principles.
- Participates in the proactive management of the combined income statement of the business together with the Executive Team, specifically revenue and gross profit.
- Continually analyses the tracking versus budget, understand areas of shortfall and implements agreed corrective action to make up deficit.
- Manages and controls the Product, Channel and Price Architecture for the Company.
- Works closely with Hatchery Manager to ensure logistics and distribution strategy and expenses are in line with budget.
- Works closely with production teams to ensure accurate forecasting.
Responsible for leading, managing & developing a high performing Sales and Marketing team aligned with Company HR Policy, Values & Behaviors.
- Ensures that the whole sales team understands, applies & commits to the Company Values, Team Behaviors & Code of Conduct.
- Must be a role model for our values and behaviors.
- Manages by minimum 50% time in trade, is action driven and leads by example.
- Ensures individual goals & KPI’s/targets are set for each team member aligned with Company’s strategic goals.
- Drives the performance management process of the sales team including performance reviews, coaching, training & disciplinary action to ensure optimal performance.
- Identifies training needs & supports career development opportunities within the team.
- Ensures the organization has the required manpower and skills to drive strategic goals.
- Ensures a succession plan is in place for all key positions.
- Drives a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Effectively resolves any conflict in a professional, measured & timely manner.
- Drives regular and frequent sales team meetings to ensure effective implementation of all agreed actions.
- In partnership with the Local Exco, the Sales Manager will help create the right framework for staff to work according to the organization’s strategic objectives and nurture its philosophy, values and behaviors.
- Implement group best practice with the Country team.
Ensures sales and marketing department complies with company QA, SHE, (Good Hygiene Practice) and all other company SOPs & deadlines.
- Creates, reviews, updates all Sales related SOPs & manuals with designated team members & Internal Audit.
- Reviews & approves SOPs with designated Management team, commercial executive and group specialist.
- Ensure 100% compliance with SOP’s.
- Follows up on all QA non-conformance issues with Country CEO and closes case within reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure all Company reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensure all bio-security procedures are followed.
Implements Company corporate risk controls & ensures compliance with legal & company requirements.
- Applies sound financial management principles including identifying financial risks and applying a mitigation plan.
- Holds joint responsibility with other departments to ensure that compliance with bio-security standards, policies and processes are met by all employees (and their family members), vendors, customers, visitors, and suppliers.
- Identify any material risks to the business including any statutory and regulatory requirements and ensure compliance.
- Liaises with Internal Audits and enforces recommendations.
- Ensures that all financial controls for the sales department are in place.
- Identifies, communicates and manages operational & strategic risks.
Responsible for all maintenance, upkeep, security and general appearance of the Sales Department’s infrastructure, assets, equipment & stocks.
- Responsible for the efficient use & maintenance of all allocated assets including vehicles, office and facility premises & equipment.
- Responsible for allocated stocks management including costing, security, storage, dispatch, re-order & expiration.
- Ensures all Sales team represent the Company image and values.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Execution of the sales and marketing business plan including the following areas:
- Market Activation and ROI analysis
- Market Share
- Store and Re-seller Execution
- Customer Complaints /Voice of Customer
- Revenue budget (direct).
- Gross Profit budget (direct).
- Completed all team member performance reviews.
- Evidence of individual development plan for the team.
- QA Audit Scores and corrective action.
- Internal Audit Scores and corrective action.
- Risks not identified. (Less than 1)
- Identified risk with no mitigation plan or mitigation plan not implemented.
- Preventative maintenance carried out.
- Assets in good condition.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Administration, or any business-related field.
- A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- 3+ years of experience in Commercial sales - FMCG specifically; Sales, Marketing, Route to Market, Merchandising and Logistics.
- Understanding the income statement and driving the profit number.
- Team Leadership: Relevant experience leading teams with a diverse level of capability and experience.
- Work Environment: Working in a structured and metric-based environment.
- Data-Driven Decision Making:
Proven ability and track record of using data to drive insights and inform effective decisions at all levels of the organization.
Proven ability and track record of understanding what drives company revenue, and how financial metrics provide insight as to how the company is performing, and what actions need to be taken to drive business growth.
Proven ability and track record leading authentically by putting others first through; active listening, acknowledging other perspectives, providing support to team members enabling them to meet both work and personal goals, involve team members in decisions where appropriate and building a sense of community. This is about having a practical / 'in the field’ approach to leading teams.
Proven ability and track record of Understanding and utilizing global economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans that will work at both a strategic and operational level. Critical to our business is that this competency is then translated into tangible outputs that are understood by all levels within the organization.
Highly effective communication (English) both verbally (presenting to all levels) and in writing, with the ability to adjust style according to the population.
Capable of learning new things easily, taking on new concepts and implementing with the team.
Structured, documented, and detailed way of working ensuring that responsibilities are achieved within the agreed time frame.
Highest Ethical Standards and professional conduct are always displayed.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.