2 months ago
Salary Range: KES 200,000 – 250,000
REPORTING TO: Country CEO
BUDGET: KES 200,000 – 250,000
Our client, a leading poultry producer in Africa’s Southern Hemisphere, are looking to grow their market within the Kenyan space.
As such, they are looking to have a competent and dedicated team to enable them to realize that vision. They are looking to hire a competent accountant.
- The primary role of the accountant is to ensure that all financial reporting KPIs are achieved and aligned with strategic corporate goals. The accountant is responsible for organization's financial & statutory reporting and all financial data processing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensures all statutory & mandatory financial reporting is done accurately and timely.
- Prepares cashbook reconciliations, creditors/debtor’s aging/reconciliations, and all other balance sheet ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare management accounts and related reports for review by FE.
- Custodian of the fixed asset register.
- Investigates reporting variances when needed and escalates when necessary.
- Oversees payment processes done by the finance team based on cash flow forecasts.
- Ensures that external auditors ‘requirements are met.
Ensures company tax reporting is performed accurately & timely.
- Responsible for preparing/reviewing all tax returns/computation to be submitted to KRA and advising FM.
- Coordinates Tax audits with KRA.
- Investigates all tax variances or queries with KRA.
- Responsible for preparing & submitting Quarterly Tax Estimates to KRA.
Ensure the payroll process is efficient.
- Ensure all payroll inputs and received on time.
- Ensure payroll is prepared and sent to the country CEO for review.
- Keep the accounting system updated with the latest payroll information.
- Timely reporting and payment of payroll-related government payments.
- Reconciliation of payroll accounts.
Ensure the budget is uploaded and tracked monthly.
- Ensure the budget is uploaded in ERP.
- Tracking of actuals vs budget by cost center with commentary and action plan.
Responsible for fixed assets and stocks.
- Ensure that the fixed asset register is updated monthly.
- Ensure daily stock taking is done at shops weekly at farm and hatchery.
- Manage Quarterly fixed asset verification.
- Management of monthly stock verification at all sites.
- Coordinate annual external audit stock counts.
- Track entries to stock adjustment account.
Responsible for the risk register.
- Ensure that the risk register is updated monthly for finance.
- Coordinate with all functions to ensure monthly updates of register.
- Coordinate development of SOPs for finance.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timely reporting at all times as per the reporting calendar.
- 100% accuracy of all reports.
- External audit rating (adverse report items & quantified acceptable level of adjustments – to set).
- No TRA penalties due to delays.
- Timely payroll release.
- Correct info in the accounting system.
- Correct balance sheet balances.
- Budgets are uploaded in ERP.
- Budget vs actuals commentary.
- Monthly Stock verification documents from all sites.
- Accurate FAR - monthly.
- Variances in stock adjustments explained.
- Monthly updated risk register.
- SOPs in place for finance.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- A master’s degree (completed or ongoing) will be an added advantage.
- CPA (Part III) or ACCA qualification
- 5 years of accounting experience with at least 3 years of relevant experience in an Agri-Business set up.
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems and controls.
- Prior experience in a start-up company is an added advantage.
- Planning and time management skills.
- Computer skills: MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of Integrity with strong business acumen.
- Must possess a passion for and share in the organization’s vision.
- Ability to effectively perform and deliver tasks that have competing deadlines.
- Ownership of and Accountability for own work.
- Should be able to work well both in teams and alone with minimal supervision.
- Should be able to excel at operating in a start-up environment.
- Driven by a very strong client service orientation.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Eye for detail and a high level of numerical accuracy.
- Should be willing to work extended hours (as and when required).
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.