Senior Program Officer
2 months ago
Role: Senior Program Officer
Salary Range: Confidential
Our client (JICA) is currently looking for a Senior program officer who will work with the gender advisor (hereafter referred as “the Advisor”) dispatched from Japan. The GBV Elimination Senior Program Officer is expected to work with the Advisor and provide technical support for all project activities, including developing a concept note, TOR and agenda, training, the reporting, documentation, etc.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Produce basic assessment report s on the target count i.e. including the nature of GBV cases and their current status of prevention and response mechanisms.
- Identify social resources, such as including private enterprises, social entrepreneurs, skill development/vocational centres, philanthropists, etc. in target counties that can facilitate GBV survivors’ economic empowerment/social reintegration.
- Compile relevant data information and produce a report based on the result of the studies above.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and monitor all capacity building program of the Project for service providers and concerned institutions to address GBV in the target counties.
- Plan and coordinate pilot activities at the county level in partnership with various stakeholders with a particular focus on GBV prevention, survivor’s rehabilitation, economic empowerment, and social reintegration.
- Plan and conduct base line surveys and support implementation of Pilot activities to explore effective and innovative approach/method/activity for enhancing protection, rehabilitation, and economic empowerment of GBV survivors.
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor project implementation.
- Monitor and document the process of all the activities implemented by the Project including outcomes, good practices, challenges, lessons learnt, and recommendations.
- Submit regular progress report, field visit reports, and ensure that the annual project progress report is prepared and submitted in a timely manner and to the highest standard of quality.
- Review of existing Guidelines/SOPs/manuals of the relevant institutions which provide services for GBV survivors, make recommendations for their revision based on the results of pilot activities on the results of pilot activities.
- Conduct regular coordination meetings (led by the government officials).
- Support, facilitate and organize a Business Idea Contest to address GBV.
- Support the Advisor to produce reports, newsletters, and other presentation materials on the Project strategy, activities, and outcomes etc.
- Attend necessary meetings with counterparts and other stakeholders and contribute to the discussion when requested by the Advisor.
- Facilitate effective Public Relations for the Project.
- Provide technical inputs throughout the Project to achieve quality deliverables and outputs.
- Work on any other relevant tasks necessary for the purpose of the Project.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in sociology, women’s studies, public health, social work, Law, Development or other relevant fields of social sciences.
- Minimum eight (8) years of work experience in gender and gender-based violence issues; especially providing services, training and/or advocacy.
- Experience in working with government institutions, NGOs, or donor organizations.
- Sufficient knowledge and u understanding on GBV response mechanism and Survivor Centred Approach.
- Warm personality with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (speaking, writing, and reading).
- High degree of attention to detail and quality work.
- Punctuality with time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent research and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications (word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment.