1 month ago
Industry: Banking,Savings and Loans
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Team Assistant-Operations
Our client, a Multilateral Development Bank, is seeking to recruit a Team Assistant-Operations. Under the guidance and general supervision of the Regional Sector Manager, Portfolio and Implementation Support, the successful candidate will be responsible for operational support to the Manager; Task Managers, and supporting the Delivery Team in implementing and monitoring the portfolio quality and performance, including technical administrative support in specific areas such as mission preparation, procurement, and disbursement as well as oversight on the portfolio quality:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Department Programme coordinator and RDGE Delivery team to maintain an updated excel list of projects pipeline (at least 3 years rolling list) specifying their processing schedule from identification to Board approval, synchronizing with RDGE Indicative Operations Programme (IOP)
- Work closely with RDGE Task Managers to ensure the realization of the Division key performance indicators (KPIs) sector in terms of portfolio quality and performance, and business delivery
- Follow up with Project coordination units on timely submission of disbursement requests, cancellation of loan and grant balances as due, extension or completion date and loan disbursement deadline in SAP, etc.
- Keep a monthly and quarterly list of planned and realized missions – with emphasis on preparation, appraisal, launching, supervisions, MTR, completion; and ensure that the relevant reports (Aide-Memoires, Back to office reports, Implementation progress reports, project completion reports, etc) are submitted timely and filed.
- Follow up on loans and grants creation in SAP for new approvals (within 2 days from approval date), loans and grants agreement signature, entry into effectiveness and timely first disbursement for new operations;
- Creation of Business Partners in SAP (Ministries, Executing Agencies, Implementing Entities, Suppliers, Consultants,.)
- Ensure creation of contracts in SAP – in single or multiple currencies, with lots, competitive or direct negotiations
- Process reallocation of funds with disbursement categories in SAP (works, services, goods, miscellaneous, operation cost), creation of disbursement requests on Trust Funds (SAP Trust Fund Management System (SAP-TFMS)
- Compile and maintain an update portfolio database of the division (lending and non lending operations, trust funds, special initiatives, co-financing);
- Work with Task Managers to ensure regular and timely supervision and completion reporting of all agricultural operations in the region;
- Report on accuracy and completeness of TFMS (Trust Fund Management System), SAP (System Applications and Products), BPPS (Bank-Wide Program Processing Schedule) & SRAS (Strategic Resources Assessment Software) data;
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of the division administrative budget and determine/recommend allocation of funds when necessary;
- Assist with recruitment of consultants, initiate SAP processing of their contracts, prepare service orders, process their payments and follow them up with the Accounting and Treasury units concerned;
- Coordinate matters with the Corporate IT Services Department (CHIS), if necessary, for all issues relating to the SAP / BPPS / ATRS / SRAS/ TFMS system and other information technologies; play the role of SAP resource person in the division and the department; provide technical assistance to the staff in the use of SAP;
- Participate in weekly division meetings and prepare minutes and correspondence as requested;
- Perform any other tasks requested by the Delivery Team.
Competencies (skills, experience, and knowledge):
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in, Business, Public Administration, Management, Information Technology or related field.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively relevant and practical experience, in an international organization.
- Working knowledge and practical experience with the systems (SAP / BPPS / ATRS / SRAS and TFMS) and Operations Manual of the African Development Bank.
- Ability to work as part of a team and providing support to other team members where needed.
- High integrity and accountability in all aspects of portfolio management and programme implementation.
- Professional approach: a good grasp of the Bank’s organizational functions and procedures; self-control and a commendable personality.
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting.
- Handling speedily and efficiently internal and external requests.
- Knowledge of administration duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of SAP will be an asset.
Terms of Employment
The successful candidate will work on a full-time basis in the Bank’s premises on short term contract usually for an initial period of 3 months. The contract may be renewed based on satisfactory performance, continued need for the role and/or budget availability.