Finance & Operations Officer (Uganda)
1 month ago
Industry: Non-Banking Financial Services
Role: Finance and Accounting
Salary Range: 2,600,000 – 3,500,000 UGX
POSITION: FINANCE & OPERATIONS OFFICER
REPORTING TO: Head of Finance & Admin
BUDGET: 2,600,000–3,500,000 UGX
Our client is a leading financing institution that works with SMEs and smaller or mid-sized corporations, providing them with short-term working capital solutions based on Supply Chain Finance principles.
They aspire to grow in the field of Supply Chain Finance and seek to continually provide innovative approaches to SME lending that will make a large impact and change the financial landscape.
To achieve that, they are looking to hire a competent Finance & Operations Officer.
- Provide support to the Head of Finance & Admin in Finance and operations duties.
- Follow up on compliance related issues.
- Partner with other departments to drive the organization’s profitability and growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that all finance activities and operations are carried out in compliance with the respective company policies, country laws, and industry standards.
- Ensure efficient cost management within the individual companies.
- Supporting Head of Finance and Executives with projects and tasks as and when required.
- Provide support on Treasury roles and when called upon.
- Set up and maintain optimal control structures to minimize the risk of fraud or loss of resources.
- Carry out administrative roles on any project related management.
- Deliver high quality customer service.
- Maintaining bank relationship.
- Ensure high level of financial data security and integrity at all times.
- Timely and accurate reporting of financials as per the financial Calendar provided.
- Responsible for bookkeeping related activities with keen eye to detail. This includes compliance, Audit & Tax.
- Preparation of monthly reports; monthly Company Cash flow statement and project accounting.
- Responsibility in preparation of periodic statutory payments as required for compliance purposes.
- Reconciliations - Carryout mid and end-month reconciliations between organization’s Operating system and its accounting system.
- Month end procedures- Carry out end month closure processes in our accounting system.
- Any other relevant task between the Finance and operations department.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timely preparation of periodic reports.
- Updated financial records.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- A master’s degree (completed or ongoing) will be an added advantage.
- CPA (Part III) or ACCA or Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) qualification
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in Banking/SME lending with a financial institution or Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFIs).
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems and controls.
- Prior experience in a start-up company is an added advantage.
- Planning and time management skills.
- Computer skills: MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of Integrity with strong business acumen.
- Must possess a passion for and share in the organization’s vision.
- Ability to effectively perform and deliver tasks that have competing deadlines.
- Ownership of and Accountability for own work.
- Should be able to work well both in teams and alone with minimal supervision.
- Should be able to excel at operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Driven by a very strong client service orientation.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Eye for detail and a high level of numerical accuracy.
- Should be willing to work extended hours (as and when required) especially during peak seasons.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.