Assistant Training Officer
1 month ago
Role: Assistant Training Officer
Salary Range: Confidential
Our client, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), is seeking to recruit staff for the position of Assistant Training Officer to be deployed to the Training Team in JICA Kenya Office, Nairobi. JICA's cooperation has grown in the provision of short-term & long-term training programs to both the public and private sectors. With the introduction of additional scholarship programs, there is need to recruit capable staff to support the training team in terms of planning, handling logistics, and follow up on the various training programs offered. Promotion of visibility of JICA's operations by highlighting training programs’graduates’ success storiesis also essential.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- The person recruited will be involved in administration of JICA scholarship programs including but not limited to the following:
- Engagement in scholarship programs’ interview briefings, evaluation of applications and handling related documentation.
- Communication with and coordination of potential applicants and screened applicants
- Support interview coordination and communication.
- Creation and maintenance of a running database of new graduates to facilitate organization of reporting sessions and follow up activities.
- Generation of articles for public relations showcasing the ABE Initiative scholarship program graduates and events organized for the program and highlighting the activities of other training programs featuring ex-participants and alumni associations.
- The person will also proactively learn and support staff in the training team with regards to implementation of the main training program including but not limited to performance of the following duties:
- Screening of potential applicants including management of appropriate documentation, timely and satisfactory communication within the team, other sector teams, relevant GOK agencies as well as JICA Headquarters and JICA domestic centres in Japan.
- Pre-departure arrangements for successful applicants.
- Logistical support for candidates from countries managed by JICA Kenya Office including timely and conclusive follow-up.
- Periodic update of the Knowledge Co-Creation Program’s (KCCP) accepted participants’ database to maintain the most current information on participants and their organizations.
3.The person will also promote partnership with the Government of Kenya to facilitate participation in technical training programs (referred to as Third Country Training Program and/or In-Country Training Program respectively) by officials from neighbouring countries and/or Kenyan citizens.
4. In addition, the person will perform other duties including but not limited to the following.
- Active engagement with various JICA Alumni committees and follow up to update their contacts.
- Support to the various alumni associations’ activities as well as updating their databases.
- Logistical support for visiting Missions and other JICA activities.
- Handling emerging issues and activities related to Training including the External Advisor program, JICA Chair program, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by the JICA Chief Representative/Senior Representative/Head of Training Sector.
Qualification and Experience Required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Interest, understanding and sympathy for JICA projects.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ working experience in Administration and logistics support.
- Experience in management of training programs desirable and an added advantage.
- Computer literate and especially conversant with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong affinity for teamwork.
- Capable of working with a public interest-oriented, customer-oriented, and results-oriented approach.
- Well organized and self-motivated to multitask effectively and work flexibly on a range of assignments, adjusting to a variety of complex evolving tasks and implementing plans and assignments to their satisfactory conclusion within set/tight timelines.
- Proactive attitude to prioritizing and handling administrative and routine tasks including initiating and responding to email and other correspondence, managing documentation, organizing appointments, and performing internal administration processes etc.)
- Public relations skills including story/article writing ability, photography, and social media skills.
- Proficient in both English and Kiswahili (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Study abroad or training experience in Japan, including under the ABE Initiative is an added advantage.
Terms of Service.
Available to start from September 2023.