2 months ago
Industry: Human Resource Management
Role: Internal Audit
Salary Range: Confidential
Client: Flexi Personnel Limited
REPORTING TO: BOARD AUDIT COMMITTEE
We are one of the leading Human Resource Companies in Africa providing talent solutions across the region with diverse experience working with cross cultural teams and organizations. We are looking for an Internal Auditor to join our great team in Nairobi.
- The internal auditor will be responsible for conducting audits, preparing reports, and highlighting issues relating to internal control and risk management.
- The auditor must possess in-depth knowledge and capabilities to be able to execute audit assignments whilst bringing systematic approach to examine and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the risk management, internal control system, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs where possible.
- This role has specific responsibilities for Internal Audit in Kenya and Uganda.
- Primary responsibilities include development and execution of Internal Audit plans, partnership, and co-ordination of work with the internal Board committee and external Audit functions.
- Supporting the Audit Board Committee by carrying out Investigations requiring Financial Audit & Investigations expertise within the business, including presentation of investigation findings, & following up implementation of remedial actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and leadership team sign-off of a coordinated internal audit plan for the organization giving focus to relevant risk areas.
- Co-ordinate and consolidate Audit plans for Kenya and Uganda.
- Monitoring execution of the audit plan and reviewing internal audit reports before circulation.
- Monitoring the implementation of recommendations and performance of follow-up audits.
- Keep abreast of internal audit policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions and changes in laws and regulations as applicable.
Board Audit Committee
- Principally responsible for owning the relationship with Board Audit Committee.
- Co-ordination and support the Board Audit Committee.
- Monitoring implementation of Board Audit recommendations.
- Responsible for quarterly reporting to Board Audit Committee.
Business Risk Assessments
- Quarterly one-on-one meetings with the Board committee to discuss top 10 risks facing the business, risk significance, timeline, and mitigating factors.
- Preparation and delivery of appropriate pre-reads for discussion at Board Meeting
- Co-ordination and support to External Audit team regarding all audit engagements including compliance audits, agreed upon procedures and annual financial statement audits.
- Partnering to perform work on behalf of External Audit upon which they can place reliance.
- Liase with external auditors on select audits, as directed by the Audit Committee and senior management, to ensure the audit work remains within the prescribed guidelines.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university
- CPA (K) qualification or the equivalent.
- Audit skills
- Reporting skills
- Investigation skills
- Knowledge of Accounting Software
- Report writing
- Computer literate with hand on experience in use of an Enterprise Resource Planning Tool (ERP)
- Planning and organization
- Communication skills
- Team Player
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.