2 months ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Role: Finance and Accounting
Salary Range: KES 100,000 - 150,000
POSITION: CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
REPORTING TO: Country Accounts Manager
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world. The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25 000 employees from 70 nationalities. Our client is looking to fill the position of Chief accountant.
The Chief accountant is responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager, who will be responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting. The role holder is also responsible for reviewing the accounts function to facilitate financial accuracy and reliability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Close monthly accounts as per the deadline including accrual and prepayment entries in the ERP system.
- Monitor Accounts Payable/Receivable functions with specific responsibility for performing activities related to the monitoring of accurate processing of authorized invoices.
- Monitor and handle bank payments and balances.
- Review and sign off monthly/quarterly/period end reconciliation for all key balance sheet items.
- Ensure Maintenance of head office and inter-group reconciliations
- Ensure books, records, reports and systems are available at all times for audit by internal and external auditors.
- Prepare Profit center/Product category wise performance and variance analysis.
- Prepare the monthly operating management reports and help the managers in their monthly analysis of their revenue and staff cost.
- Oversee the control of the Petty Cash for the Head Office
- Oversee the preparation of statutory accounts in the Head Office
- Ensure that books of accounts are maintained in accordance with IAS and Retail Financial Policy
- Prepare the monthly management report (Financial result) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure timely payments to all MAF Retail suppliers.
- Coordinate with Head office legal department and suppliers for Head Office agreements preparation and follow up properly the same.
- Follow up and analyze Inter-company transfers and recharges.
Review the payroll pre-process and process the monthly card for staff salaries, full and final settlements and inter-company / head office transfers.
- Prepare and report the financial performance of MAF Retail on a monthly basis comprising profit and loss account and balance sheet account before the deadline of every month.
- Provide various reports in coordination for monthly MIS, budgets, forecast, in relation to finance function.
- Prepare accurate reports of activities as required by the management team.
- Ensure that all financial and regulatory reports required by law, regulations, and management are completed.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that all financial accounting and reporting in the company are as per the International Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Recommend improvements to functions policy and implement procedures and controls covering all areas of the Finance function, so that all relevant functions are fulfilled while delivering quality, cost effective service to customers.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management.
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles.
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements.
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team.
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan.
- Ensure the implementation of MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures.
Definition of Success
- Timely issuance of payments
- Timely closing process
- Timely and accurate maintenance of accounting records
- Accuracy and timeliness of reports
- Timely submission of audit requirements
- Number of errors reported by external auditors.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA (K) or Finalist.
- ICPAK Membership preferred.
- Strong analytical and technical skills in financial analysis and reporting.
- Good project management skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly modeling in Excel.
- Presentation skills.
- Accounting concepts and knowledge of IFRS.
- Investment appraisal process and capital budgeting.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Manufacturing, FMCG or Auditing industry.
- 2+ years of Retail Industry experience preferred.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.