2 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Our client is looking for an Accountant to join their vibrant team in Nairobi.
The selected candidate will establish and maintain internal accounting, debt & audit controls as well as ensure the preparation & submission of all financial process reports.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review accounts payable vouchers for maintenance and repair costs
- Complete general ledger entries and manage cash balances.
- Conduct research and audits to confirm enquiries regarding company statements.
- Prepare and deliver to accounts payable units’ invoices for security deposit refunds.
- Process and review accounts receivable for respective companies
- Review account records such as non-recurring billings, cash receipts and credit memos to ensure accurate accounts.
- Prepare and issue company statements to owners in order to update them on generated revenue and expenditure.
- Analyze the general ledger to ensure its accurate and balanced.
- Crosscheck input information for assets and company lease to ensure its up to date.
- Oversee the remittance and reconciliation of taxes and all statutory obligations.
- Carry out forecast to identify future cash deficiencies in order to effectively manage cash positions.
- Analyze variances using specialized tools in order to reconcile payments which are against contract values.
- Assist with the preparation of management accounts and yearly financial statements.
- Maintain updated records on rental collections and mortgage payments.
- Maintain updated records on collections and payments.
- Ensure clients with mortgage facility pay their respective insurances on time by working closely with insurance companies/Agents.
- Follow up with clients to ensure they pay their mortgage on time as stipulated in the contract.
- Preparing monthly Aged Debtor Reports
- Receipting, allocation and reconciliation of payments to customer’s accounts
- Referring debts to third party collection agencies when necessary.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Assist with other accounting projects.
- Or any other task assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Statistics, Commerce, Economics or any other business-related field.
- Certified Accountant CPA (K) qualification
- 5 years’ minimum experience as an accountant
- Excellent Knowledge in accounting software e.g QuickBooks
- Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases.
- Awareness of the commercial trends and developments within the industry
- Corporate and personal tax experience
- Must have superb interpersonal and organizational skills with proven ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills with the enthusiasm and drive to significantly contribute to a mission-based organization.