Transport and Logistics Superintendent
3 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Transport and Logistics Superintendent
Reports to: Plant Manager
Location: Wote- Makueni
- Our client in the manufacturing industry, is seeking to recruit a Logistic/Transport Superintendent. Successful candidate will be responsible for Overseeing all logistics and transport functions.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, contractor, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization including SoW, Bill of Quantities and service awards to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities
- Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records are in agreement
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Hold responsibility for department budget ie logistics and transportation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process.
- Ensure all completed orders are dispatched on time.
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities to ensure processes are as environmentally friendly as possible.
- work on the requisitions and purchases of equipment upon approval.
- Responsible for ensuring that only authorized products are delivered to the right location on time, to the quality/quantity required and in the most cost-effective way as well as overseeing all transport functions.
- -Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance relative to all logistics and transport functions.
- Ensure statutory compliance in terms of licensing, permitting, certifications, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSC with with over 5 years of experience in logistics management in a manufacturing/logistics or supply chain environment.
- Fluent knowledge of English- Management skills basic courses (preferred)
- -Basic knowledge in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, Bill of Material (BOM) and customer data system.
- Expert knowledge of technical regulations related to logistics such as import/export, customs regulations and fleet management including security requirements.
- Organization Processes: Internal Standard, Site Management
- Supports and technologies: Standard ISO, TQM and Quality system, Technical requirement and Standard
- Compliance: Local/National and International Standard and Codes, Health, Safety, Environment, Quality
- -Strong computer skills are imperative
- -Demonstrate accountability on sense of ownership, resource optimization and analytical skills.
Required personal capabilities.
- Problem Solving; Flexibility; Planning target control; Decision Making; Spirit of Enterprise; Communication; Listening and reception; Relations management; Staff management and development.
- The Transport & Logistics Superintendent should ensure that all transport and logistics activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- They must ensure that vehicles and equipment are properly maintained, and that drivers and operators are trained on how to use them safely.
- They must also identify and mitigate any potential safety hazards in the transport and logistics operations and ensure that employees are aware of these hazards and how to avoid them.
- They must ensure that the transport and logistics operations comply with all relevant HSE regulations and standards.