Accounts Assistant Intern
3 months ago
Industry: Human Resource Management
Salary Range: Confidential
Client: Flexi Personnel Limited
We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of Accounts assistant intern.
We are looking for a self-driven accounting Intern with a basic understanding of financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries, preparation of invoices, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking. To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
- Shadowing members of the accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assist in generating client invoices.
- Assist in preparation of VAT, WHT schedules.
- Assist in generating IFRIS invoices and ensure they match with sage invoices.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Assist in filing of customer invoice, ETR and monthly Z report and credit notes.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- Process accounts payable transactions, including vendor payments, PO processing, supplier reconciliations.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as finance, operations, and management, to gather financial information and provide insights.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting or business-related course with a minimum of second-class honors, upper division
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
- Familiarity with financial statements, general ledger, and financial transactions.
- Skills in using Ms. Office applications.
- Skills in filing, data entry and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in working with numerical data.
- Organized and punctual.
- Well-presented and professional.
- Ability to communicate well in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to handle sensitive financial information responsibly.
- Self-motivated and proactive in seeking opportunities to contribute and learn.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage time efficiently.
- Eagerness to learn and stay updated with accounting practices, industry trends, and regulatory changes.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.