Diversity and Inclusion (DI) Officer
3 months ago
Industry: Food and beverage
Role: Human Resources (Diversity & Inclusivity)
Salary Range: Confidential
POSITION: DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION (DI) OFFICER
Our client, a global leader in the Tea Industry within the region, is looking for a Diversity and Inclusion (DI) Officer to join their dynamic team based in Kericho, Kenya.
The D&I Officer will be responsible for promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace by putting together programs, initiatives, and strategies to maintain a diverse workplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies to foster the organization’s diversity goals.
- Developing company-wide diversity and inclusion programs.
- Reviews current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the company’s diversity goals.
- Collects and analyzes statistical data to evaluate the company’s population in accordance with diversity standards and goals.
- Develops and/or acquires training and development to aid diversity and retention initiatives.
- Acts as company liaison with government agencies concerning affirmative action and equal employment opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Provides training and policy updates on D&I to colleagues, ensuring the legal compliance of management and human resources staff.
- Identifying external trends and recognizing best practice which will increase diversity among the workforces.
- Keeping track of the diversity performance metrics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, Organizational Psychology, or a similar degree
- 4+ years of working experience as a Diversity and Inclusive expert, or a related job position in the HR or Welfare department specializing in equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity programs.
- Interpersonal/Teamwork skills.
- Understanding of diversity management.
- IHRM Membership.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.