3 months ago
Industry: Food and beverage
Role: Administration and Finance
Salary Range: Confidential
POSITION: HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATOR
Our client, a global leader in the Tea Industry within the region, is looking for a Hospital Administrator to join their dynamic team based in Kericho, Kenya.
Responsible for the general administrative duties at the Company Hospital which include finance, logistics, assets, data management and coordination of non-clinical Ministry of Hospital (MOH) operations.
Lead in creating employee work schedules, monitoring budgets, maintaining patient records, and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- All internal stakeholders e.g., Peers & colleagues, Corporate, Research and Development, Unit managers, Legal, Logistics, Engineering, Finance and Human Resource for operational issues concerning the hospital.
- Suppliers and service providers - for hospital services, items and equipment.
- Corporate and private patients who access our services.
- Partners such as Walter Reed & PEPFAR in provision of health care to the community.
- Referral Hospitals: for payments.
- Relevant government bodies for statutory requirements.
- The community for Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
- Visitors to the hospital - visiting for different reasons, such as to borrow best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Hospital Finance, Accounts and administration
- Responsible for the preparation, management, and control of the annual medical budget, including the daily accounts transactions, invoice approvals and cash expenditures. In addition, compile the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Initiate and control capital expenditure for hospital facilities, machines and equipment.
- Manage the administration of partner funds and preparation of work plans, budgets, and accountability. Responsible for maintaining the asset inventory and control of stocks.
- Responsible for private and corporate clients' engagement through negotiation, marketing, and follow-up of payments, which include the National Hospital Insurance Fund.
Responsible for the Procurements
- Coordinate the procurement of all hospital merchandise such as drugs, reagents, food supplies, machines and equipment.
- Monitor the usage of hospital consumables through the monthly tracking system.
- Responsible for the processing of payments to suppliers through verification and approvals of the relevant documentation such as invoices and delivery notes.
- Coordinate the recruitment of medical staff (support HR) and responsible for the personnel establishment, employee records and leave management within the department. Will also coordinate relevant trainings for staff and disseminate business communicate to staff.
- Responsible for verification and approval of payroll records for employees’ salaries and wages.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the hospital facilities and house quarters such as renovations, facility upgrades, new constructions and enforce cleanliness.
- Supervise the maintenance status of the medical centers and dispensaries through periodic visits.
- Responsible for the allocation, management and control of the department fleet covering the four business units where the hospital dispensaries are located.
- Coordinate the fleet service and maintenance and ensure compliance with legal and other requirements.
Hospital Management Information System
- Responsible for the management of the Hospital Management information System, including the training of key users.
- Responsible for the processing and analyzing reports on medical operations for decision making.
Policies and Guidelines
- Participate in the development of new guidelines to improve operations within the hospital.
- Enforce and implement company and departmental policies, guidelines, systems within the department and other relevant policies such as labour laws and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Enforce and implement government guidelines.
Safety, Health and Environment
- Manages Safety, Health and environment programs and activities in the department through the preparation and implementation of the management plan which includes waste management, risk assessments and organize related trainings.
- Enforce adherence to safety, health, environmental and quality policies and safe operating procedures.
Nursing Services Administration
- Allocation of duties to the nurses, managing the nurse’s duty Rota, leave.
- Ensuring quarterly nurses meeting.
- Identification of training needs for nurses and ensuring training is provided and that all nursing licenses are up to date and valid.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, Business management, Social Sciences or any other business-related field.
- 4-5 years of experience in an administrative position in a busy Hospital set-up
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Team leadership and growth mindset
- Organizational abilities
- Accounting/ bookkeeping skills
- Computing Skills
- Project Management experience in a large multi-national organization is desirable.
- Sound Business Acumen.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.