Project Technical Staff
3 months ago
Role: Technical Officer
Salary Range: Confidential
Our client (JICA) is currently looking for a technical staff who will work with the gender advisor (hereafter referred as “the Advisor”) dispatched from Japan to implement this initiative.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Conduct a quick gender assessment study in target counties to understand the nature of GBV cases and their current status, issues and challenges of response mechanisms. This includes but not limited to:
- Identify issues and challenges in providing quality services, responding to the varied needs of survivors and the potentials of GBVRC and other concerned institutions at the county level.
- Assess the capacity of service providers working in target counties in terms of providing psychosocial counselling, case management and referral.
- Identify the nature of social resources including private enterprises, social entrepreneurs, skill development/vocational centres, philanthropists, etc. in target counties that can facilitate GBV survivors’ economic empowerment/social reintegration.
- Compile relevant data and produce a report and a presentation material based on the result of the Study above.
- Support the Advisor to finalize the strategy of the Initiative based on the findings of the Study above.
- Support the Advisor to formulate a pilot project plan to explore effective and innovative approaches and activities to facilitate protection, rehabilitation, and economic empowerment of GBV survivors.
- Conduct a base line survey for each pilot project and support their implementation to explore effective and innovative approach/method/activity for enhancing protection, rehabilitation, and economic empowerment of GBV survivors.
- Support the Advisor to plan and implement capacity development training programs targeted at various duty bearers, government officials, private institutions, and community personnel to prevent and respond to GBV issues.
- Review of existing Guidelines/SOPs/manuals of the relevant institutions which provide services for GBV survivors, make recommendations for their revision based on the results of pilot activities.
- Monitor and document the process of all the activities implemented by the Initiative including outcomes, good practices, challenges, lessons learnt, and recommendations.
- Support regular meetings of the GBV elimination committee at the target counties.
- Other duties include;
- Support the Advisor to produce reports, newsletters and other presentation materials on the Initiative’s strategy, activities, and outcomes etc.
- Attend necessary meetings with counterparts and other stakeholders and contribute to the discussion when requested by the Advisor.
- Support in establishing and maintaining good communication and relationships with the concerned stakeholders from both public and private sectors and facilitate enhanced coordination among them.
- Facilitate effective Public Relations for the Initiative.
- Provide technical inputs throughout the Initiative to achieve quality deliverables and outputs.
- Work on any other relevant tasks necessary for the purpose of the Initiative.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Law, Development, or other relevant fields of Social Science.
- Minimum six (6) years of work experience and five (5) years in gender and GBV related work.
- Sufficient knowledge and Understanding on GBV response mechanism and Survivor Centred Approach.
- Prior relevant work experience with International and Government institutions is highly preferable.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (word, Excel, Power Point).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and quality work.
- Strong commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment.