Industry: Humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization(NGO)
Salary Range: Confidential
Client: EU DIRECTORATE-GENERAL FOR EUROPEAN CIVIL PROTECTION AND HUMANITARIAN AID OPERATIONS (ECHO)
1. Job summary:
|The jobholder supports the work of Administration and Finance team and/or ensures receptionist functions in the Office.|
| 2. Responsibilities & Tasks: |
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant (Group IV) will be responsible for the following tasks:
HR & Administrative Support
· Support in preparation of contracts including all supporting documents and maintain various records;
· Assists in managing administration and finance operational tasks, as appropriate;
· Follows-up staff planning table (staff annual leave, sickness, unjustified absences, training) and prepares monthly report;
· Maintains an overview of expatriate staff’s visa and residence permit situation, and makes necessary applications;
· Follows-up all protocol issues (visa request, travel permits, stay permits, car registration, etc.) in liaison with the EU Delegation;
· Backs-up the administration support in case of absence with respect to basic financial and human resources tasks.
· Follows and registers incoming correspondence and communications from the team members. Ensures that replies are sent in a timely manner. Keeps record of all mail sent and all documents given for signature and/or information to the EU Delegation;
· Drafts standard and administrative correspondence. Corrects written materials prepared by other staff members as regards format and spelling. Photocopies and collates documents as requested;
· Creates and maintains the filing and reference systems in conformity with the criteria applicable under various procedures;
· Ensures efficient and effective internal and external communication;
· Provides assistance with respect to scheduling of meetings;
· Maintains the stock, distributes stationery supplies, and updates the stock cards, as appropriate.
Specific duties for the senior level Administrative Assistant
· Identifies complex, urgent or sensitive information for special treatment;
· Generates a variety of reports and statistical tables to support the other team members;· Briefs and trains new staff, gives guidance to other secretaries on office procedures and coordinates the secretarial services of the office.
Front-desk service and telephone communications services
· Monitors all visitors to the office, issues identification cards to them, and directs them to the relevant staff/meeting room as appropriate;
· Manages and operates the central switchboard, answering telephone, responds to routing requests for information;
· Transmits messages and checks the fax machine frequently;
· Receives, registers and dispatches all office communication by e-mail, fax, post, diplomatic pouch, express airmail and telephone;
· Assists in preparation for meetings. Manages the meeting/conference room bookings;
· Updates office staff contact list on regular basis and circulates amongst all staff;
· Keeps list of names, addresses and telephone numbers of government officials, members of diplomatic missions, operational partners and suppliers.
Specific duties for the senior level Administrative Assistant· Manages and plans the front-desk coverage;
· Monitors driver’s movements.
General Administration Support
· Provides administrative support with accuracy and consistency;
· Plays the focal role for the mission of all staff and leave requests;
· Facilitates travel arrangements for both the national and expatriate staff of the office by assisting in preparing all travel arrangements, travel requests, and assists in the preparation of security clearances;
· Arranges hotel accommodation and other mission needs for visitors;
· Maintains field trips schedule for DG ECHO staff working in the country/region;
· Organises and maintains a filing system for the secretarial related files;
· Translates and interprets, as appropriate.
Specific duties for the senior level Administrative Assistant· Directs and coordinates the support services in the office, including coordinating with suppliers.
Office specific responsibilities/tasks:
· Follows-up the work of general services and maintenance agents;
· Monitors delivery of services by external contractors;
· Manages office stationery stock and non-ICT (Information and Communication Technology) pool equipment;
· Provides support to check the good condition of the property owned by DG ECHO;
· Supports in the annual physical inventory verification by conducting fixed assets physical count;
· supports the preparation of inventory reports;
· Labels assets and establishes ID forms
· Undertakes any additional tasks as assigned by the HoO/RO (Regional Office) and/or Headquarters.
|3. Competencies required:|
| · Drive for Results: Medium Level |
· Conduct in Service: Medium Level
· Working with Others: Medium Level
· Decision-making: Basic Level
· Managing and Organising Information: Basic Level
· Strategic Thinking and Planning: Basic Level
· Communication: Medium Level
· Organizational Awareness: Medium Level
· Adaptability and Flexibility: Medium Level
· Leadership: Basic Level
|The definition of each competency and examples of behaviours expected for each level are listed in annex.|
|4. Job Requirements:|
Education· Secondary education or equivalent commercial school/minimum Secretarial Diploma.
Knowledge and Experience
· Minimum 3 years of relevant experience;
· Good drafting skills;
· Good communication skills;
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
· Capacity to work in a multitasking position;
· Previous experience in a Governmental or other International Organization is an advantage;
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
Languages· Fluency in English (verbal & writing);
· An excellent knowledge of Arabic is mandatory.
The Authority Authorised to Conclude Contracts (AACC) reserves itself the right to amend the job requirements in line with the local labour market conditions.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement.