Analyzer Sales & Service Lead Engineer
1 week ago
Position: Analyzer Sales & Service Lead Engineer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Director (Sales & Operations)
Our client, a leading provider of industrial automation and process control solutions in the region is looking for an Analyzer Sales & Service Lead Engineer to join their dynamic team. The role holder will be responsible for operational expansion and technical coordination within the East African region.
JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY
The selected candidate will be the technical focal point with existing and potential Analyzer customers pertaining to Sales and Service support. The Analyzer Sales & Service Lead Engineer shall conduct training, maintain customer relationships, conduct site maintenance & installation services, offer technical support, and oversee quality improvement exercises.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To perform site visits within East Africa, mainly in Kenya, to identify and generate new prospects.
- To drive analyzer sales and service business within East Africa.
- Pipeline development and management of partners along with maintaining reporting and visibility into performance against all revenue and activity KPIs.
- Research market trends and advise on new products and opportunities that can be ventured into for an increase in revenue.
- To perform commissioning/troubleshooting support on analyzers.
- Complete accurate service records both electronically and manually
- Liaise with the supervisor to coordinate ongoing operations and expansion of operations.
- Develop business penetration strategies and share projections to achieve set targets from various industries.
- Understand and convey complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level and provide solutions that translate into business.
- Attend trade and industry consumer events along with networking activities along seminars and other meetings.
- To be able to review and recommend analyzers’ spare parts and maintenance activities.
- Proactively participate in the quality systems and quality improvement
- Provide first-line technical and strategic advisory, maintenance, & installation support to customers, communicate solutions or actions, and take ownership of the same.
- Perform visual final inspection (QA) and recommend/order/replenish parts for service.
- Providing training/demo to customers on Yokogawa Products
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates should have an engineering background, qualified & specialized in Electronics/Instrumentation/Chemical Engineering.
- Shall have 8+ years of experience in analyzer-related work such as design, engineering and maintenance procedures, calibration, troubleshooting, testing and commissioning, and training on a diverse range of analyzers like Liquid, Gas analyzer, etc.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Must be conversant with a few process applications, and able to design appropriate sampling systems.
- Shall be able to understand and troubleshoot analyzers’ sample conditioning systems.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve analyzer-related problems.
- Shall have sufficient experience in handling different models of analyzers. Hands-on analyzers shall be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Field instruments and analyzers shall be an added advantage.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability, strong judgment, and the ability to deliver high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Must be able to work under extreme pressure.
- Very high work ethic and personal integrity