Human Resource Manager-NGO
2 weeks ago
Industry: Humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization(NGO)
Role: Human resources
Client: UCSF Global Programs for Research & Training
Reporting to: Director of Finance & Operations
Our client, Global Programs for Research & Training, an international NGO in the health sector, is looking for a highly accomplished Kenyan national to join their dynamic team as Human Resource Manager. Global Programs facilitates the expanded presence and operations for researchers from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and its affiliates in Kenya.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for managing the HR functions for Global Programs.
- Human resource planning and budgeting.
- Ensure compliance to HR policy and procedure.
- Make recommendations to modify HR policy and procedure.
- Ensure compliance to labour law and stay up to date on its development in Kenya.
- Manage staff recruitment from development of job descriptions, posting job openings, interviewing and on-boarding.
- Work with department heads in preparing job descriptions.
- Design, make evidence-based recommendations and implement compensation and benefit plans.
- Negotiate with insurance companies for best value for fringe benefits.
- Work with managers and supervisors to create and foster staff development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain performance evaluation system for all employees.
- Create materials, conduct trainings, and advise staff on HR processes.
- Develop and maintain staff management systems including policies for addressing employee relations, grievances, and discipline.
- Conduct appropriate staff training and orientation of staff.
- Build on internship program and work with managers to train and mentor interns.
- Maintain staff records in confidential filing system.
- Prepare monthly payroll list and liaise with Finance Manager to allocate effort.
- Keeps the Director of Finance and Operations informed of problems, issues, and concerns on a regular basis.
- Any other duty allocated.
Education, Knowledge, And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- MBA in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) with a current practicing license.
- A minimum of 7 years hands-on experience in a senior HR role
- 3-5 years of supervisory/management experience
Skills And Competences
- Personal integrity and transparency with direct supervisor(s).
- Experience in managing staff using HR management software.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation, and communications skills.
- Strong supervisory and managerial skills.
- Must be a team player and motivator.
- Good training facilitation and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Kenya labour laws as well as immigration processes.
- Proficient in computer usage for business including Microsoft Office Suite, email and electronic HR systems, recruitment via social media platforms e.g., LinkedIn.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.