6 months ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Role: Operational and Managerial
Salary Range: KES 150,000
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world. The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25,000 employees from 70 nationalities. Our client is looking to fill the position of Facility Manager.
The Facility Manager is responsible for the preventive, corrective, and refinement activities of the assigned store. The role holder is also responsible for ensuring that the store assets are fully functional and maintained regularly as per the standards set by the company while being in line with the country’s standards and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, schedule, and report all maintenance activities in coordination with the store and internal stakeholders to ensure smooth operation.
- Prepare a team schedule to execute operation requirements on time.
- Plan store assets periodic inspection in line with annual maintenance plans and agreement terms.
- Prepare maintenance operating expenses & critical maintenance requirements for the management in coordination with the Finance team.
- Prepare the store assets annual preventive maintenance plan and share it with the function manager.
- Implement energy reduction initiatives regularly and frequently.
- Liaises with vendors and suppliers regarding any maintenance activities that cannot be performed by the store team or country facilities team to ensure that the work is delivered as per the requirements and the agreed timeline.
- Report any issues related to contractor’s performance for timely resolution and continuous improvement.
- Manage the stock of maintenance consumables and critical spare parts to ensure their availability at all times.
- Respond to incidents in a timely manner and take appropriate actions in cases of emergencies when needed.
- Distribute daily maintenance tasks across the reporting team in line with employee capabilities and knowledge.
- Follow up with the facilities team on the execution of preventive maintenance planning.
- Ensure that all documents related to maintenance and equipment activities are documented and updated as per internal guidelines.
- Review, analyze and submit reports to management while recommending areas for improvement when required.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist in implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, providing constructive feedback, and providing input to senior management.
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles.
- Provide input on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure the facilitation of training requirements.
- Develop and implement on-the-job training for the team.
- Provide input for the development of the annual manpower plan.
DEFINITION OF SUCCESS
- Store asset maintenance, preventive plan execution, and compliance as scheduled.
- Number of end-user complaints.
- Store image and appearance.
- Monitor the asset warranty and report any malfunction of assets during the warranty period.
- Report the supplier's or service provider's service level feedback.
- Respect critical maintenance and the operating maintenance budget.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Mechatronic knowledge is preferable.
- 5+ years relevant experience in the area of Facility Management and Maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal.
- Strong initiative and sound organizational skills.
- Highly organized with strong multitasking skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.