IT User Support Assistant
3 weeks ago
Industry: Banking,Savings and Loans
Role: Technical Officer
Position: IT User Support Assistant
Salary range: Kshs. 130,000 – Kshs. 200,000
Our client a Multilateral Development Bank, is seeking to recruit an IT User Support Assistant who will provide support services to all requests and incidents which require technical intervention related to software applications, computing, network & telecommunications hardware/software as well as the general client computing environment. Contribute to the deployment and adoption of the Bank applications and provide end-user training, assistance and support projects.
- User Support – Provide technical assistance and resolve incidences related to ICT hardware and software.
- Installation & Configuring - Installation and configuration of both ICT software and hardware
- Application Support - Support the deployment and adoption of the Bank applications such as MS Office, SAP, collaboration tools, business applications, software, etc.
- Network & telecommunications Infrastructure Support – manage, configure and monitor the Banks data, voice and video communication infrastructure. Facilitate video conferencing sessions for staff.
- End-user Training – Provide training on all Bank applications and hardware.
- Record keeping - keep detailed records of network’s configurations, hardware specifications, incident resolution. Compile statistics on users’ calls pertaining to voice, fax, data and videoconference facilities
- Team Player - Responsibility for creating/ maintaining or contributing to a healthy and adequate work environment, participating in IT projects, and communicating clearly in oral and in writing.
Reporting – Provide reports on projects, activities, issues, incidents, meetings and others.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Supervisor
- Provide activity reports, hardware/software inventory reports, meeting minutes and any other reports
- Efficiency in managing the Bank’s computing hardware
- Effective monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting on the Banks data network & telecommunications
- Speed of escalation of nonperforming tools/solutions
- Training and support to users
- Efficiency in deploying and configuring applications on users’ desktops
- Timeliness (within defined timeframes) of assistance provided to staff
- Responsiveness in the event of an incident and its management.
- Incident occurrence and resolution reporting
- Advanced knowledge and competence in the computing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in IT/Telecommunications
- Possession of IT vendor certifications such as MCSE, CCNA etc
- 6 years working experience.
- Four - five years’ experience in a computing work environment.
- Prior experience with a multinational development financial institution, the UN system or an international NGO or International Organization will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of programming tools is an added value
- Excellent spoken and written English is required.
- Working knowledge (spoken and written) in French is an added-value.
- Computing skills - ability to perform fundamental tasks on a computer. Proficient in the use of computer software, hardware, and ICT monitoring tools. High competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint, unified communication tools, SAP, etc).
- Networking skills –extensive knowledge of the inner workings of IT networks, as well as how to configure, monitor and troubleshoot them
- Maintenance skills – Proficient in troubleshooting, analyzing, and repairing ICT software and hardware. Analyze and work with a variety of ICT hardware.
- Monitoring – should be adept at using remote ICT monitoring tools.
- Attention to detail – since they’ll be keeping detailed records and working with highly complex networks, the IT User Support Assistant must have excellent attention to detail.
- Communication skills – The IT User Support Assistant will be required to work with colleagues and end-users daily, thus, they are required to have well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaboration – The IT User Support Assistant will be required to work in a collaborative way with IT colleagues and end-users of the office and across the Bank. He/she should be available to respond to requests and fix issues on a real time basis and must be proactive to anticipate on issues, participate in IT projects and meetings and share information
The successful candidate will be working full-time from the Bank’s offices on short term contracts usually for an initial period of 3 months. The contract may be renewed based on satisfactory performance, continued need for the role and/or budget availability.