Position: Production Superintendent
Reports to: Plant Manager
Location: Temporary in Nairobi and then Wote- Makueni
Our client in manufacturing industry, is seeking to recruit a Production Superintendent. Successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and supervise the team of plant supervisors and operators responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all production facilities.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the maximum efficiency and availability of all production equipment
- Ensuring safety operations and environment care
- Monitoring and controlling production parameters - Coordinating production operators daily activities
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly Production Reports
- Supervising chemicals stocks and injections and relevant results
- Providing operator input/feedback into maintenance programs and production planning activities
Qualifications and Experience
- BSC or MD or Technical Diploma.
Fluent knowledge of English
5 years of experience in vegetable oil extraction plant.
- Management skills basic courses (preferred)
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses (preferred)
- Maintenance basic courses (preferred)
Required personal capabilities
- Commissioning - Start Up: Commissioning and start-up, Decommissioning
- Production Operations: Plant Management, Plant Prod Optimization, Maintenance Management, Predictive Maintenance, Oper/Mant Advising
- Maintenance Operations: Mechanical Maintenance, Instrumentation Maintenance, Electrical Maintenance, Trouble shooting techniques knowledge
- Maintenance Engineering:, Maintenance Engineering
- Land Transportation Mgmt: Land Transportation Management
- HSEQ General (Generic)
- Specialist Knowledge: Engineering knowledge in the specialist activity
- Organisation Processes: Internal Standard, Site Management
- Supports and technologies: Standard ISO, TQM and Quality system, Technical requirement and Standard
- Compliance: Local/National and International Standard and Codes, Health, Safety, Environment, Quality
- The Production Superintendent should ensure that the factory's production processes are carried out in a safe manner.
- They must ensure that all machinery and equipment is properly maintained and that employees are trained on how to use it safely.
- They must also identify and mitigate any potential safety hazards in the factory and ensure that employees are aware of these hazards and how to avoid them.
- They must ensure that the factory complies with all relevant HSE regulations and standards.