Operations Readiness & Assurance Manager
1 month ago
Role: Operational and Managerial
Position: Operations Readiness & Assurance Manager
Reports to: Company Development Project Director
Location: Business Units
Our client in manufacturing industry, is seeking to recruit Operations Readiness & Assurance Manager.
The Operations Readiness and Assurance Manager will be part of Project execution Team involved in the Agri Hubs development execution phase.
He’s responsible for the provision of Operations (Production and Maintenance) inputs into the detail design for the construction phases of a new Agri Hubs projects.
He ensures that operability, maintainability and integrity of the asset meet the required standards and project specifications.
He supports the execution of maintenance engineering deliverables in charge to EPCI Contractor during the FEED phase.
He defines the organization and manning strategy for the normal operations of the plants, support the recruitment process and relevant training plan to guarantee that all foreseen personnel will meet the required competencies and skills for a safe and effective operability of the new asset.
He ensures the alignment of the OR&A activities and deliverables with the project execution schedule.
He provides support for the safe and smooth commissioning, start up and ramp-up, to reach the operating levels.
He prepares the OR&A monthly report and progress of activities.
After the Agri Hub start-up, when the plant is handed-over from Development to Operations phase, the ORM takes the role of Ops Manager, whose purpose is to direct and coordinate through the Agri Hub plant managers the daily operations, and to report directly to the BU Operations director.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Refine and implement the OR&A Execution Plan prepared during the definition phase of the project.
- Prepare and monthly update the OR&A L4 schedule including the reviews events (Operation readiness and start up reviews).
- Issue the OR&A monthly report to the Project Team, BU’s Operations department and HQ’s OR&A function.
- Support HR in the organization chart definition and recruitment process of production and maintenance resources.
- Define the training plan/schedule and competences matrix for the required production and maintenance resources.
- Support for HSE implementation procedures/tools (i.e. Work permits, waste management, ERP, SIMOPS, HAZID)
- Support HSE in obtainment of permits and consents approvals to the start up and operating phase from regulator and Country’s authorities.
- Prepare, in collaboration with procurement department, the service contracts plan for Operating phase including the SoW definition and tendering support.
- Assure the CMMS (Computerized maintenance Management System) implementation before to the asset start-up.
- Support for maintenance engineering activities (i.e. RAM report, SPIL and capital spare parts list, life-cycle Maintenance and Inspections Plans, lubricants and greases list).
- Ensure the final data books preparation and availability of these before handover to Operations, including the manufacturer information and the Operating and Maintenance manuals.
- Ensure the implementation of IMS (Integrated management System) and relevant Operating Procedures and Guidelines.
- Support the chemicals selection and Bill of Quantity definition and ensure the availability for first fill and during steady operations of the asset.
- Support for HAZID/HAZOP.
- Ensure proper LCI (Life Cycle Information) collection of the Asset and baseline inspections.
- Support for the Digitalization plan implementation.
- Prepare the Operations KPIs management procedure and relevant templates.
- Ensure the 4 years Production plan and OPEX budget definition.
- Ensure availability before start-up of consumables and 2YSPs.
- Support for the preparation of Start Up strategy/procedure and definition of Hand Over activities.
For OM position:
- Coordinate all the Agri Hubs day-to-day operations, in order to optimize the activities in the most efficient way, by constantly interacting with Plant Managers
- Be responsible for overall production output, product quality and on-time shipping of the BU Agrifeedstock business
- Be responsible for overall Agrifeedstock production and expenditure budget definition and monitoring while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining quality standards
- Manage the resources allocation effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Sustain the implementation of HSE aspects in the operations and promote a strong HSE culture in the BU Agrifeedstock business
- Constantly keep in charge the needs and issues of the Agri Hubs and report them to the BU management and the other functions
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in relevant Industry Engineering Discipline.
- Familiar and previous experience in Agri feedstock or O&G industry with minimum 5 year in Production and Maintenance management roles.
- Previous experience in Operational Readiness & Assurance process and Production and Maintenance environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of International standards and Eni guidelines/ best practices relevant to HSE, engineering, commissioning and start up.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills, with a proactive approach to decision making process.
- Fluent written and spoken English, including a good understanding of technical English.
- Ability to mentor and coach national staff, contribute to their development and competences.
- Strong leadership, communication and proven team builder.