5 months ago
Role: Contract Management
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Contract Administrator
Reports to: Contract & Procurement Manager
Our client in manufacturing industry, is seeking to recruit a Contract Administrator. Successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Contract Holder in carrying out the day-to-day administration and management of the executed Contracts; to verify Contractor compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
Main accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist relevant Contract Holders in the management of Contracts in compliance with applicable procedures and guidelines.
- Verify Contractor compliance with Contract Terms and Conditions, Scope of Work, Deliverables and Schedule, and report to CH any deviation or missing part.
- Constant monitoring of Contract Value vs Contract duration in order to request Amendment process in due time
- Provide general contractual/commercial advice to the Contract Holder and User Department members.
- Administer and maintain traceability and records of all correspondence, meetings, actions and decisions relating to the assigned contract(s).
- Provide necessary assistance in contractual negotiation and dispute resolution. Liaise with Procurement, Finance and/or Legal Department with reference to significant Contractual/Commercial issues.
- Liaise with Contract Holder to anticipate changes and together with Cost and Planning provide Management with advance notice of potential Trends.
- Participate and lead the kick-off meetings to review contract terms and conditions, the change order process and claims avoidance. Making sure all the contractual documents (insurances, bonds, guarantees, subcontractors list, org chart, etc.) are delivered by the Contractor in due time, as agreed during KoM and as per Contract provisions.
- Preparation and constant updates of the Contracts file, which contains all main contractual information of the assigned Contracts.
- Attend the Handover meeting with C&P and verify the completeness of Contract documents.
- Coordinate and maintain a register of contractual and commercial issues.
- Prepare correspondence, drafting official letters to the Contractors on routine contractual/commercial matters, for signature by the Contract Holder/Company Representative.
- Review correspondence from Contractors and monitor & expedite response times by Company.
- Attend and lead meetings with Contractors at which contractual/commercial matters may be discussed. Review the Contractor’s (or in the absence prepare own) minutes of all such meetings prior to verification by the Company.
- Ensure all required guarantees, insurance and tax certificates have been received from the Contractor and forwarded to Company Legal, Insurance and Tax departments for verification, as required and report to CH any deviation or missing part. Corrective actions to be undertaken in the case are expired.
- Review draft sub-contract enquiries, bid evaluations and draft sub-contracts, as prepared by Contractors, and obtain appropriate Company approvals/comments if required. Proper archiving and traceability of Subcontractor’s documents for Compliance checks.
- Following the Contract variations - maintaining the tracing file for Company Instructions, Variation Order Proposals and Variation Orders. Ensuring the rates proposed are in line with the market. The file needs to be complete in all parts, the file needs to be a comprehensive source of information.
- Ensure compliance with ERP procedures and processes regarding timely management of Call Offs and Service Entries.
- Facilitate and maintain positive interface and communication between all the functions involved in the Contract execution.
- When applicable, coordinate the settlement of the final account and processing of the Completion Certificate and preparation of the Close-out Report for the Contract Holder’s signature.
- Assist and support contract compliance review and audit activities and ensure implementation of audit report recommendations by the teams involved.
- Provide feedback on lessons learnt from Contract Administration activities to CA Focal Point and to Contract Management Support unit in HQ.
- The Contracts Administrator should ensure that all contracts comply with the company's HSE policies and procedures, and that suppliers and contractors adhere to these policies as well.
- They must also ensure that any products or services procured do not pose any safety risks to employees or the environment. This includes conducting HSE assessments of suppliers and contractors and ensuring that they have appropriate safety measures in place.
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Engineering bachelor’s degree preferred; Administration and Finance Bachelor/Master degree preferred
Licenses or certifications (if applicable): CIPS as a plus, not mandatory
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of which a minimum of 3 years as a Contract Administrator involved in the preparation, negotiation and administration of a broad range of complex technical contracts/purchases with the attendant knowledge and experience of commercial, insurance and legal issues is essential.
Technical knowledge and professional skills
- Ability to write, read, analyze, and interpret common scientific, technical, financial and legal documents. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to write reports and information that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to handle multiple projects/Contracts simultaneously.
- Be proactive, a self-starter and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Systematic thinker and good organizational skills/time management.