Senior Service & Sales Engineer
5 months ago
Role: Business Development
Salary Range: Confidential
Position: Senior Service & Sales Engineer
Reports to: Country Manager – East Africa
Our client, a leading provider of industrial automation and process control solutions in the region is looking for a Senior Service & Sales Engineer to join their dynamic team. The role holder will be responsible for operational expansion and technical coordination within the East African region.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The selected candidate will be the technical focal point with existing and potential Yokogawa customers pertaining to Sales and Service support. The Senior Service & Sales Engineer shall conduct training, maintain customer relationships, conduct site maintenance & installation services, offer technical support, and oversee quality improvement exercises.
Responsibilities of the job
- To provide technical support and maintenance visits to East Africa customers primarily on Yokogawa DCS control system
- To drive sales and service business support in East Africa
- To perform site visits within East Africa , mainly in Kenya, to identify and generate new prospects.
- Pipeline development and management of partners along with maintaining reporting and visibility into performance against all revenue and activity KPIs.
- Research market trends and advise on new products and opportunities that can be ventured into for an increase in revenue.
- Develop business penetration strategies and share projections to achieve set targets from various industries.
- Understand and convey complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level and provide solutions that translate into business.
- Attend trade and industry consumer events along with networking activities along seminars and other meetings.
- Complete accurate service records both electronically and manually
- Liaise with the Country Manager and Managing Director to coordinate ongoing operations and expansion of operations.
- To be able to review and recommend Industrial spare parts and maintenance activities.
- Proactively participate in the quality systems and quality improvement
- Provide first-line technical and strategic advisory, maintenance, & installation support to customers, communicate solutions or actions, and take ownership of the same.
- Perform visual final inspection (QA) and recommend/order/replenish parts for service.
- Providing training/demo to customers on Yokogawa Products
- The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, specializing in Electronics/Instrumentation/Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 6-12 years of experience in Industrial automation and/or Instrumentation related works such as design, engineering, and commissioning.
- Minimum 2 years of commissioning/service support role on DCS/PLC, preferably Yokogawa Centum VP
Skills & Competencies:
- Must be conversant with at least 2 DCS and PLC systems.
- Hands-on experience on Yokogawa DCS is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Field instruments and analyzers shall be an added advantage.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability, strong judgment, and the ability to deliver high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Must be able to work under extreme pressure.
- Very high work ethic and personal integrity