Network Telecom Engineer
1 month ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Role: Operational and Managerial
POSITION: NETWORK TELECOM ENGINEER
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world. The Middle East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25,000 employees from 70 nationalities. Our client is looking to fill the position of Network Telecom Engineer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver the network projects within their country/area IT stakeholders.
- Provides clear written and verbal consulting regarding the local network projects with CO HO Network, security, and cloud teams.
- Providing network administration and support for all stores in his country/area.
- Troubleshoots and solves all L1 and most L2 network connectivity problems, including monitoring the network and connectivity incidents in proactive mode.
- Provides L3 support to end-users for advanced problems relating to network hardware (LAN/WLAN) connectivity.
- Installs and monitors system firewalls and virus protection systems.
- Handles the installation and configuration of network systems and provides access to end-users in his zone.
- Good knowledge about the SDN/NFV framework & SD-WAN as a next-generation on network transformation.
- Collaborates to establish a stable Video Conference setup for the management in his area in coordination with the Dubai CO and HO teams.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Administration, or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience as a network administrator.
- 3+ years of experience in CCNP Networking.
- 3+ years of experience in monitoring tools i.e., SolarWinds or PRTG.
- Deep Knowledge of LAN, WAN, and SD-WAN systems.
- Hands-on experience with SD-WAN products Velocloud, and Cisco Viptela.
- A CCNA or CCNP Network Security is a plus.
- Azure, AWS certification is plus.
- PMP or ITIL Foundation certification is a plus.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Technical writing skills are required.
- Experience with enterprise applications and SAP is a plus.
- Experience in Cloud Administration, Networking i.e. Azure, AWS, and G-Cloud.
- Effective communication skills.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.