Project Assistant Secretary
1 month ago
Our client Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Urban Water Advisor (hereinafter referred to as the Advisor) is seeking a capable and enthusiastic Project Assistant. The Project Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the Expert and/or to JICA Kenya Office to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative domain are properly implemented.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Arrange appointments/meetings both internal and external, some involving high ranking officials and record minutes of meetings when required.
- Maintain hard and electronic office files and records; classify materials relating to a variety of topics.
- Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all administration procurements and disposal of JICA project property are done and recorded accurately.
- Make copies of documents as well as collect necessary data and information when assigned by the Advisor.
- Receive, review, sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda, reports
- Draft documents and presentation materials necessary for external meetings and public relations.
- Take notes at meetings as and when required.
- Assist the Advisor in conducting collecting information, meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Make necessary logistic arrangement for business trips.
- Assist and accompany the Advisor for business trips, when and if necessary.
- Assist the Expert in handling financial management and procurement work, including collecting necessary quotations and bills, making payments, and keeping accounting records.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Minimum Five (5) years’ working experience with public sector and/or international organizations.
- Proven work experience (more than three (3) years) as a Program Assistant/Secretary or similar roles with JICA projects or with other donors is desirable.
- Well experienced with office management softwares like MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint) and web-based communication/scheduling tools (WhatsApp / Teams/ Zoom etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.