5 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Our client Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Urban Water Advisor (hereinafter referred to as the Advisor) is seeking a capable and enthusiastic Driver.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Drive the assigned motor vehicle and carry authorized passengers in a road worthy vehicle maintained up to the established security standard.
- The driver will be responsible for safe loading and unloading of goods into the motor vehicle.
- Regulate the radio, heating, lighting, and ventilation system while ensuring security and safety for passenger comfort.
- Undertake routine and preventive maintenance of motor vehicle by checking and topping up the level of petrol, oil, water, battery, and tire pressure before operating the motor vehicle.
- Regularly clean and polish the vehicle, change tires as well as make minor repairs and adjustments.
- Perform miscellaneous errands such as paying bills, registered letters for postage, collecting and delivery of mail and other items as shall be directed by the office of the Advisor.
- Maintain records of the motor vehicle daily activity-showing journey, mileage, petrol, oil, and account for all journeys made.
- Observe traffic and safety precautions to prevent accidents and to avoid traffic violations and in addition undertake first aid in case of injuries.
- Report any accident or driving incident, even minor incident to the JICA Advisor as quickly as possible and complete necessary reports.
- Report motor vehicle accident to the traffic police and obtain police abstract report and complete insurance report form in conformance to traffic rules and regulations.
- Implement periodic preventive maintenance by taking motor vehicle for major repairs in accordance with planned schedule or instructions.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Advisor.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- High School education or higher.
- Valid Kenyan driving license of minimum category B.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle mechanics.
- More than 10 years’ experience in driving in companies or organizations.
- More than 5 years’ experience in international organizations.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in English language.