5 months ago
Industry: Food and beverage
Role: Quality Control Management
Salary Range: KES 300,000
Our client, a global leader in the Tea Industry within the region, is looking for a Process Specialist to join their dynamic team based in Kenya.
To organize and coordinate the implementation of end-to-end manufacturing processes, improvements, innovations, process design, automation, and development in factories to the achievement of the desired outcomes by ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget, and quality as per agreed plans, while maintaining the desired controls.
To analyze and validate all process improvements and the establishment of revised basic conditions on the line. A core deliverable is to eliminate losses and wastes and increase the stability of the line while delivering the required product quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeps abreast with all new technology covering tea making, the market, packing, maintenance, transport, and energy usage.
- Leads continuous improvement in manufacturing processes and ensure the uniform implementation of best operating practice in all sections of manufacture.
- Propose and coordinate implement process control improvements in the factory in liaison with the line and unit manager.
- Participate in continuous improvement by rolling out best-operating practices in the operations across all units.
- Support the development of process controls in new Tea Technologies.
- Support factory processes to achieve Made Tea Quality in line with company requirements.
- Co-ordinating process research and development data collection in the factory.
- Data analysis and development of process parameters and machinery specifications (targets and limits).
- Recommending suitable process machinery, equipment, and controls.
- Developing new best operating practices to improve manufacturing efficiency, safety, and leverage on costs of product competitiveness.
- Leads continuous improvement in manufacturing processes and ensures the uniform implementation of best-operating practice in all sections of manufacture.
- Monitoring major modifications, upgrades, preventive /renovation maintenance of all plant, machinery, equipment, factory buildings, and structures to optimal standards.
- Maintaining close communications with the factory managers and plant managers to ensure process works are at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet customer requirements.
- Providing technical recommendations and information to plant and business management regarding process and equipment capabilities and limitations, including both identification of bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
- Working with Factory management and corporate engineering to identify, plan and implement technical improvements, both in-process and capital equipment additions.
- Trouble-shooting the referred day-to-day production-related problems and issues by providing sound engineering solutions and the implementation of changes on a timely basis for the achievement of optimum equipment utilization/efficiency.
- Ensuring that all engineering aspects of manufacturing operations or processes meet specified company requirements and legal regulations.
- Guide Factories on the elimination of waste and Loss according to the WCM prioritization process using AM, PM, FI, and QC pillar tools and methodologies.
- Create Technical Standards to ensure process stability on the line.
- Train line Operators on technical standards and restoration of basic conditions (Stability sustainability).
- Identify and extend the good practice to other lines.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- A degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Production, Process Control, or Chemical).
- Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) or Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- At least 4 Years’ experience in food manufacturing and/or processing factory in the FMCGs industry, Project Management experience preferably with significant automated process control.
- Fully proficient in the use of computer packages, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft projects, and Computer-aided design (AUTOCAD).
- Must demonstrate a flair for improvement engineering and coaching.
- Must demonstrate a strong technical knowledge across all the site’s processes and lines.
- Must possess strong engineering leadership credentials with a proven ability to eliminate loss and wastage on significant projects.
- Experience in statistical process control tools.
- Experience in AM, PM, Quality, and FI tools and processes.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.