Civil Engineering Lead
1 month ago
Industry: Food and beverage
Salary Range: KES 300,000
Our client, a global leader in the Tea Industry within the region, is looking for a Civil Engineering Lead to join their dynamic team based in Kenya.
The job holder will be the technical lead of all matters relating to Civil Engineering. This includes Construction Projects, Building Maintenance, Road design and Maintenance, Water Reticulation Systems design and maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement upkeep and maintenance strategies for company roads, buildings, and water reticulation systems.
- Develop and implement standards and best practices to be used across the company for all matters relating to civil engineering.
- Provide technical civil engineering support for all construction projects.
- Prepare annual budgets for the section and ensure expenditure is within the approved budget.
- Mentor, coach and train the section team to ensure the highest standard of civil work is executed across the company.
KEY TECHNICAL AND OPERATIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Must demonstrate a flair for improvement in engineering and coaching.
- Must demonstrate strong technical knowledge across all the site’s processes and lines.
- Must possess strong engineering leadership credentials with a proven ability to eliminate loss and wastage on significant projects.
- Experience in statistical process control tools.
- Experience in AM, PM, Quality, and FI tools and processes.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Prince2/PMP Project Management Certification or equivalent.
- Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) or Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- 7 Years’ experience which must include demonstrable accountabilities in:
- Road construction & maintenance (KeRRA Class L/F/S/T/W roads or equivalent)
- Manufacturing & Residential Building Construction and Maintenance
- Construction end-to-end project management.
- Water Reticulation Design and Maintenance.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.