Assistant Financial Controller
1 month ago
Industry: Food and beverage
Role: Finance and Accounting
Salary Range: KES 155,000
Our client, a global leader in the Tea Industry within the region, is looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to join their dynamic team based in Kenya.
Primary responsibilities include the development and execution of Internal Audit plans, the review of controls and risk management processes in the company. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for following up with management teams to ensure remedial audit actions have been sustainably closed. The job also requires the holder to have core skills in managing different stakeholders in order to achieve the audit objectives successfully.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interfaces across entire organization, functions and levels specifically Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Development, Legal and HR teams. Strong written and verbal communication skills is essential to build sustainable relationships.
- Ensure detailed audit programs based on the documented procedures and best practices are developed, for each identified audit project, giving special attention to potential risk areas.
- Coordinate the implementation of internal audit strategies, policies and procedures.
- Verify documentation and review of existing accounting, administrative and internal control systems and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Perform objective assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of key controls and risk management processes within the assigned business processes.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and evidence is maintained for all tests of controls performed in the Internal Audit systems.
- Prepare appropriate Internal Audit reports documenting all control findings, recommendations and actions plans and aligning these with key stakeholders.
- Work with the different stakeholders and provide feedback to staff on the performance of each audit assignment.
- Design and test controls to detect and prevent Fraud in the business by applying judgment on the right balance of controls that enables fraud prevention and fast execution in the marketplace.
- Review compliance with laws, regulations, company policies, Code of Business principles and other external requirements.
- Support management in creating a control environment that promotes a positive attitude to risk and a well-controlled business.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent.
- 2 - 3 years minimum relevant working experience in Internal Audit / Compliance / Finance in a busy environment.
- Experience working in an auditing firm preferred.
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of tools and audit software programs desired.
- Prior success conducting external or internal audits.
- Ability to build relationships while holding stakeholders accountable.
- Excellent written and oral communication ability.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.