Operations Manager - Edible Oils
1 month ago
Industry: Edible Oils Production
Role: Food Production
LOCATION: Athi River
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR
Our client, a leading supplier of vegetable and fish oils intended for the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and feeds industries, is looking to fill the position of Operations Manager.
The job holder will be part of the leadership team and will play a vital role in the success of the company. They will be in charge of production, maintenance and utilities management. He/she will also play an active role as technical advisor to the management of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and manage the day-to-day operation of the manufacturing environment for the facility.
- Make routine process checks and adjust equipment or work practices according to the standard operating procedures.
- Develop and execute activities supporting manufacturing objectives including the development and implementation of strategies, processes and programs.
- Maximize productive capabilities to achieve operating costs and goals.
- Review scheduled production based on requirements and communicating priorities across the shifts.
- Responsible for shift meetings with team members to ensure communication of expectations, discuss any issues related to safety, quality or productivity that need to be addressed.
- Maintain effective control over time and attendance, reflecting adequate information in the time tracking system.
- Lead efforts of organization’s operational excellence culture utilizing Lean Manufacturing.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing principles to identify organization’s areas for cost improvement.
- Develop plans to optimize Plant costs with a focus on raw material, plant maintenance, hourly labor and salaried staff.
- Structure the maintenance department.
- Roll out preventive and prospective maintenance plans.
- Lead and organize the maintenance team.
- Play a role as technical advisor for the management of the company.
- Actively participate in the elaboration of new activities and projects.
- Develop initiatives to achieve manufacturing, quality, and safety standard goals.
- Ensure every team member is properly trained, oriented and in compliance with the company’s safety policies, food safety, GMP’s, and quality policies.
- Accident and incident investigation and reporting
- Be conscious at all times of safety on the job by adhering to the established health & safety measures and practices of the company.
- Lead the achievement of a zero-injury workplace by ensuring safe working conditions.
- Develop, follow and improve scope KPIs.
- Report performance and activities to both local and group management.
- Participate in the budget forecasting process.
- Responsible for completion of projects within your scope and playing an active role in various projects.
- Create and manage projects to improve performance, quality and sustainability role’s scope.
- Utilize Project Management skills to organize activities to ensure project completion dates and budgets are achieved.
- Participate in the recruitment of people under your responsibility manage and train your direct reports.
- Motivate, direct, coach and develop a high performing diverse and engaged team to meet established goals and build organizational capability. Staff, train and develop team members to reach this level.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Lead, motivate, participate, and train team members, to promote growth in a team-oriented environment.
- Responsible and accountable for KPI under scope.
- Communicate and advise the management on any issues regarding production, maintenance, engineering, utilities operations.
- Any other duty assigned by the management.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelor’s degree in Food science or Production Management or Engineering.
- Demonstrates a proven track record in the production/operations in a food manufacturing company.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a similar position in related field/industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Flexibility and accommodation of team diversity.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak fluently Swahili and English.
- Ability to speak and/or read in French language will be an added advantage but not mandatory.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.