7 months ago
Salary Range: Confidential
Our client (JICA) is currently looking for an administrative assistant who will provide general secretarial support for the gender advisor (hereafter referred as “the Advisor”) dispatched from Japan to implement this initiative.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Organize virtual and in-person meetings or sessions as instructed by the Advisor.
- Support in data and information collection requested by the Advisor and other consultants hired for the Initiative.
- Support interpretation and translation in the meetings, seminars, workshops, and documentation when requested.
- Support all necessary documentation and arrangements for implementing training programs and pilot activities including email correspondence, prepare minutes of meetings/interviews, memorandum, reports, PowerPoint presentation materials etc.
- Provide assistance for procurement in accordance with JICA’s accounting regulations.
- Keep daily accounting record in soft copy and file supporting documents (quotation, invoice, receipt, etc.) in order.
- Support the Advisor to prepare financial report to be submitted to JICA office.
- Manage equipment and asset procured by the Initiative to be in good order.
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, hotel, and restaurant reservations.
- Supervise other internal staffs including cleaners and drivers hired by the advisor.
- Perform all other duties accorded when requested by the Advisor for the success of the Initiative.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Secondary Education or higher degree (Bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage).
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and online communication tools such as Zoom.
- At least three (3) years of work experience in coordination and providing administrative support.
- Warm personality with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (speaking, writing, and reading).
- Punctuality with time.