Security Risk and Compliance Manager
5 months ago
Industry: Commercial & Retail Industry
Role: Security, Safety & Compliance
Salary Range: KES 150,000
REPORTING TO: Country Risk and Compliance Manager
Our client, MAJID AL FUTTAIM CARREFOUR, is the largest franchisee of French giant retail group CARREFOUR, 2nd retailer across the world. The Middle-East based group is currently operating more than 140 Hypermarkets and Supermarkets in 15 countries, with more than 25,000 employees from 70 nationalities. Our client is looking to fill the position of Security Risk and Compliance Manager.
The Security Risk and Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure working environment for all employees, visitors, and customers by implementing security operations to mitigate risks. The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring all efforts are made to identify and reduce security breaches at the store level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the implementation of safety and security policies and procedures in stores.
- Conduct investigations on cases such as employee theft, breach of ethics, corruption and violations of MAF Retail policies, procedures and code of conduct, ensuring that proper evidence is acquired, preserved, corroborated and documented, as per the company investigations guidelines and in respect of the local laws.
- Implement emergency procedures in crisis situations as per the set guidelines; facilitate employee emergency preparedness education and training programs
- Proactively respond to all aspects of emergency responses to provide assistant to employees and customers and where necessary act as the command and control for the incident.
- Maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning shoplifters handling, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with regulatory bodies, local law enforcement authorities (e.g. Police, Civil Defence, etc.)
- Participate in Loss Committee meetings and ensure actions plans are prepared and implemented to reduce shrinkage.
- Monitor the strict adherence to HSE Policies.
- Conducting regular checks and audits for the safety and security systems such as (Fire alarms systems, firefighting equipment’s, CCTV, Intrusion alarm, access control, EAS, radios) in the store to ensure continuous functionality.
- Ensure a clean and safe shopping environment for customers.
- Communicate with the Store Manager, District and Country Risk and Compliance managers advised of risk, security, compliance and emergency issues that could impact on business operations.
- Prepare reports documenting all significant events and investigations, crimes and violations committed, thefts, security lapses and safety hazards.
- Review and ensure the proper documentation of any reports related to risk within the store.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management.
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles.
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements.
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team.
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan.
- Ensure the implementation of MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Bachelors’ Degree in Criminology, Security Management, Military Studies, Law Enforcement or any closely related field.
- Demonstrated high-level skills in management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to manage individuals and groups.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a similar role, with at least 2 years of experience in a retail set up.
- Previous experience in Law Enforcement, Military, and/or Investigations is preferred.
All applicants are advised to adhere to application guidelines for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.